PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : none of the repair methods work for me-bad firmware

chlubb
25-09-2006, 07:15
I tried, so stupidly after reading the bad posts, to upgrade to 1046 from 1041.
I got the white screen. Nothing happened.
I tried GerardNL's entire tutorial and it didnt change anything.
I then tried emotion's tutorial and it didnt work, getting stuck at the
tftp32 window which gave me an "error opening the flash file for reading return code 2".

What should be the "host" in the tftp client tab?
Can anyone post any screenshots of successful uploads of the flash file?
I cant get that far.

Anyone have any ideas? My box is now unusable and I had just uploaded a ton of info to the hard drive.
TIA,
Chris

chlubb
25-09-2006, 19:24
ok, here is the trick that worked for me.
i connected the router directly to a previously unused laptop and uploaded the firmware update.

for some reason, there is something on my main computer to which the router is attached that is blocking the upload or making the file fail.

this took me 12hrs to figure out after performing every single step offered in the other tutorials. In the end, I bypassed all of the resets, waiting, etc and just connected to a laptop, assigned a fixed ip and uploaded.

btw, asus never got back to me.

hope this helps someone.

e-motion
25-09-2006, 21:10
getting stuck at the
tftp32 window which gave me an "error opening the flash file for reading return code 2".

What should be the "host" in the tftp client tab?

host should be 192.168.1.1
tftp32 needs the whole path to the flash file (eg d:\wl700\... etc)

chlubb
26-09-2006, 01:38
i never ended up needing the tftp, just firmware restoration on another computer connected directly with a fixed ip, that did the trick that allowed the restore.

Guru
26-09-2006, 07:44
btw, asus never got back to me.

hope this helps someone.

That's the problem with asus, tech support sucks.

houli-mouli
29-09-2006, 07:12
For some reason the firmware restauration tool doesn't find the router if you have more network subnets on one PC installed at the same time even though the binding for the connected network card is the first one.

Further you have to turn off the UPnP on your host PC. If it is deactivated you can easily try to deactivate the network card via network places. If it tells you it is not possible due to UPnP configuration, you have to turn it of.

Another point is, if you have firewire ports on you PC. these ports will have an firewire network symbol in the network places. You have to deactivate them as well.

And at the end. Close all antivirus and shut down you firewalls, otherwise you won't make it.

b.r.
Aldi