PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Netgear ADSL Router -> WL-700ge: How?

jfletcher
09-09-2006, 19:14
Hi. I have a WL-700ge on order and I'm wondering if I will have problems configuring it. Currently I access the internet through a Netgear DG634G ADSL router. Has anyone experiencing of getting one of these to work with the WL-700ge?

Thanks.

Antiloop
09-09-2006, 20:34
be more informative :)

If you want to replace the netgear with the wl700ge forget it.. you say it's an adsl router.. the WL700gE does not have an built-in adsl modem

jfletcher
09-09-2006, 20:39
I apologise for not being clearer. I appreciate that the WL-700ge does not have an inbuilt modem and so I would like to continue to use the Netgear ADSL router to gain internet access. This leaves me in the situation of potentially trying to connect a router to a router and, as someone who is not very technically knowledgeable, I was wondering whether this will present problems.

Thanks.

Antiloop
09-09-2006, 23:15
I apologise for not being clearer. I appreciate that the WL-700ge does not have an inbuilt modem and so I would like to continue to use the Netgear ADSL router to gain internet access. This leaves me in the situation of potentially trying to connect a router to a router and, as someone who is not very technically knowledgeable, I was wondering whether this will present problems.

Thanks.

no this will be no problem, so yes you can 'integrate' the WL700gE to an existing network, it has an functions to turn the WL700gE from router into AP with some advantages (the speed of the harddrive over ethernet increases)

I haven't used my WL700gE as router yet (also as AP) so I am not sure if BT downloads work better/worser

jfletcher
10-09-2006, 12:36
Thank you. I'm sure that I will be back with more questions when the device arrives.