PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Give me some good reasons for "upgrading" my router

Klingelton
08-09-2006, 12:13
ok, I'm interested in this thing, and have been since i saw it on gizmodo about 2 months ago. Currently, i have some awful Belkin wireless router which cost me about 70 quid on ebay. It's decent enough, rarely crashes or drops connection, and allows me to play counterstrike with reletively good pings. However, since moving in with the wife (affectionately termed) I've been unable to leave my pc on to download torrents, which is annoying since i have an unlimited internet connection. So the bit torrent thing on this box really appeals to me, but is it worth spending 150 quid or more on this thing. What else can it do that i might use? I'd love to be able to set up a Teamspeak server, or Ventrillo, but i've been informed that teamspeak is out of the question, and i havn't seen anything of ventrillo for quite some time.

Help me decide how to waste my money.
Post negatives and positives below!!

IMM22
08-09-2006, 16:35
ok, I'm interested in this thing, and have been since i saw it on gizmodo about 2 months ago. Currently, i have some awful Belkin wireless router which cost me about 70 quid on ebay. It's decent enough, rarely crashes or drops connection, and allows me to play counterstrike with reletively good pings. However, since moving in with the wife (affectionately termed) I've been unable to leave my pc on to download torrents, which is annoying since i have an unlimited internet connection. So the bit torrent thing on this box really appeals to me, but is it worth spending 150 quid or more on this thing. What else can it do that i might use? I'd love to be able to set up a Teamspeak server, or Ventrillo, but i've been informed that teamspeak is out of the question, and i havn't seen anything of ventrillo for quite some time.

Help me decide how to waste my money.
Post negatives and positives below!!

don't Waste your money

I have one, Webcam don't work...
Bit torrents- rarely work, and when work the connectio is to slow and drops often
Download manager (HTTP. AND FTP) with me don't work, allway some socket error
WIFI. transfer rates are normar, nothing special.

Noisi thing.. allway buuzzzzzzz because of the hard drive

Well, the configuration... when you tell your belkin to change the IP, you have to pass for 3 ou 5 craches. reboots, resets and for finish umplugit from the AC current? And with luck the IP change

Don't buy it !!

If you want I can Sell you mine, is new

AverySimonsen
11-09-2006, 18:17
I've had mine for a while now and while I agree that there are rough edges, it has done the things I wanted from it without problems. I have a Brother HL-2030 printer working out of the box from the router and torrents are coming down nicely although there is a problem with torrents dropping their connection very often resulting in quite slow downloads. What makes up for this is that the router can stay on and so the torrents will come down eventually. When I got my router I tested the BT client with two very large torrents (15 - 20 gb each) and they did come down in the end. Let's hope they work out the bugs in the BT client before too long.

One feature I use a lot is to keep my music and movie collections on the router so theyre readily playable anywhere in the house as a shared drive. I even have a network player (Noxon 2) coming in. That should make it even better. If it works that is.

I'm quite happy with my router. I can't say exactly why.. it just carries great gadget value to me :)