PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Firmware v1.8.1.3 (Qualification Test)

Antiloop
14-07-2004, 21:37
WARNING: BETA VERSION
TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

DO NOT UPGRADE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING
DOWNGRADE IS NOT EASILY POSSIBLE!!

Changelog:
nothing known yet

* FIXED UPnP issue when assigning port 80 for example it applied for outgoing connections as well.. e.g. you were not able to visit websites anymore
+ ADDED Logout in webconfig
* some cleanup of webconfig

Note from ASUS:

After you upgrade to this beta version of firmware and please do "Hardware reset" from the back of WL-500g.

Find file for download here: http://files.wl500g.info/asus/wl500g/firmware/WL500g_1.8.1.3_en.zip

(sorry post disappeared after database error)

ReBooT
14-07-2004, 23:08
Does this have the Bigpond Login support as in 9.8.1.2 version ??

Antiloop
14-07-2004, 23:19
Does this have the Bigpond Login support as in 9.8.1.2 version ??

yes i has all previous things in it

i'm not aware if they have anything changed in it

Matthew
15-07-2004, 01:25
Uploaded this early today.

The pond came up and all is good.

Its looking in funny places (255.255.255.255) for sm-server but it just keeps logging on. It works. what more do i need? Apart from olegs nice logs and telnet and other nice things i don't know how to use.

All Good

Matthew

RaymondLau
15-07-2004, 15:01
I upload the 1.8.1.3 to my WL-500G , after restart the firmware is till 1.8.1.1 ,why ?

Oleg
15-07-2004, 15:23
Reflash again.

Gary
15-07-2004, 15:32
I already reflash 3 times. still 1.8.1.1.........

Krypt
15-07-2004, 15:48
Did you have 1.8.1.1 before you were upgrading to 1.8.1.3? I assume you have..

Try the firmawe restauration method to flash it back to 1.7.5.6 and than up to 1.8.1.3..

With the 1.8.1.1 firmware you couldn't flash back to a lower version using the webinterface, so I think it the firmware upgrade through webinterface doesn't function at all on 1.8.1.1 firmware..

Alexis
15-07-2004, 21:18
After upgrading to 1.8.1.3 (from 1.7.5.2), the WL500g asks me for login/password combination but the admin/admin doesn't work.

So, I cannot connect to the web interface and moreover the asus utility firmware restoration doesn't works because this utility doesn't find "ASUS SpaceLink Gateway in recovery mode" !

Please, help me, what is the couple login/password for the 1.8.1.3 or what is the solution to flash another firmware ??

Thank you very much for your answers.

Krypt
15-07-2004, 22:32
user: empty (do not fill in anything)
pass: admin

Should do the trick..

And for the firmware restoration; I had the same problem when flashing back to 1.7.5.6..

I saw it was working when my computer had an APIPA ip.. So make sure your computer has one (not 0.0.0.0; just try to repair and you'll get an APIPA after a couple of times).. when I got an APIPA ip, I could restore the old firmware..

Antiloop
15-07-2004, 22:37

Should do the trick..

And for the firmware restoration; I had the same problem when flashing back to 1.7.5.6..

I saw it was working when my computer had an APIPA ip.. So make sure your computer has one (not 0.0.0.0; just try to repair and you'll get an APIPA after a couple of times).. when I got an APIPA ip, I could restore the old firmware..
when restoring you should set IP to static as 192.168.1.2 mask 255.255.255.0

emilyaoo
15-07-2004, 23:04
I already reflash 3 times. still 1.8.1.1.........
me too....I have the same problem with you...
I even use firmware restoration to downgrade to 1.7.5.6...
BUT I still see 1.8.1.1 in my explorer...

and it show me " no wireless device in recovery mode is found"...

well...If I could...I would like to downgrade to 1.7.5.6...
anyone can help me?

Antiloop
15-07-2004, 23:15
me too....I have the same problem with you...
I even use firmware restoration to downgrade to 1.7.5.6...
BUT I still see 1.8.1.1 in my explorer...

and it show me " Can't find any router to upgrade.."...

do the following

assing a static IP to your pc: 192.168.1.2 with netmask 255.255.255.0
power off wl500g
press restore button HOLD THIS while powering on
wait untill the power led is blinking, release the restore button

fire up your restoration tool
NOW it should find your router, then upgrade to fw 1.8.1.3

after finished you router should be accessible again

if it's accessible RESTORE DEFAULTS by pressing the restore button while it's powered on, you'll notice after a few seconds that the power led will go out and on

congrats your router has been restored :)

emilyaoo
16-07-2004, 00:04
do the following

power off wl500g

if it's accessible RESTORE DEFAULTS by pressing the restore button while it's powered on, you'll notice after a few seconds that the power led will go out and on

Thanks for your help...
I finally downgrade to 1.7.5.6...^^..

Krypt
16-07-2004, 10:21
Strange.. I was certain that I had a APIPA address before I could restore the old firmware.. But heck; maybe my computer just had a valid ip just before flashing.. didn't check during flash which ip I had..

Antiloop
16-07-2004, 12:22
Strange.. I was certain that I had a APIPA address before I could restore the old firmware.. But heck; maybe my computer just had a valid ip just before flashing.. didn't check during flash which ip I had..
when flashing fails, your PC does not renew IP (why should it?)
so you keep an IP

what do you mean by APIPA ?

Krypt
16-07-2004, 13:41
When disconnecting the power of the WL500g, my computer looses it's network connection en thereby releases it's IP... When powering up the WL500g in restoration mode, the connection comes up again but my computer couldn't find the dhcp and got a 169.254.x.x (Automatic Private IP Addressing) address.. and then the restoration went perfectly..

That's why I thought firmware restoration used an APIPA (Automatic Private IP Addressing) address

Oleg
16-07-2004, 14:13
Yes, WL500g restoration does not need any specific IP address. But assigning static IP address is the fastest way to get the valid address.

rodace
16-07-2004, 19:03
Dear All,

I have upgraded my router sucessfully to 1.8.1.3, but now the telnet connection does not work to enable ssh. Any idea?
I have done a port scan from lan, and only port 80 and 515 are open, not 23.

Oleg
16-07-2004, 19:29
Dear All,

I have upgraded my router sucessfully to 1.8.1.3, but now the telnet connection does not work to enable ssh. Any idea?
I have done a port scan from lan, and only port 80 and 515 are open, not 23.
:D Downgrade to 1.7.5.9-2, stock ASUS firmwares does not support telnet/ssh/whatever.

jycai
17-07-2004, 05:02
do the following

power off wl500g

I still have the problem like the others mentioned in the previous posts after following the exact above steps . The restore ultility gave me the "ASUS SpaceLink Gateway in recovery mode" message. Is there any other reason that I can not get it done?

I assign a static ip to my computer, and power off and did a hard reset on the back of the wl-500g, but still no luck, the restore ultility wait for about the 30 seconds and then stuck withe above mesage...

emilyaoo
17-07-2004, 12:43

follow this step...I'm sure it will works!

jycai
17-07-2004, 15:00
follow this step...I'm sure it will works!
:D Thank you for the advise! I finally got it work.In order to use the restore ultility, you have to make the route's power flashing - firmware upgrade failed. otherwise you will get the nagging "ASUS SpaceLink Gateway in recovery mode" message. To get the that point, the key is do what you and Antiloop said. But I did not understand and overlooked the meaning behide that at the time. After I read the menu on LED indicators again, now I got it and everything is fine. Hope this help the others that still having the same problem.

:D :D :D

copycat
18-07-2004, 11:17
It's funny how this thread should be about the experiences with this beta version, but instead it's filled with people trying to get rid of it. Doesn't anyone think & read this forum before they act?

xlephant
18-07-2004, 12:08
hi guys,

what about the stability from lan2ppoe and gateway2lan of the new firemware? with 1.7.9-cr2 and the others before, my connection to the gateway/dns is broken a lot of times(1 time a day). that means that i could connect to the router by typing the ip, but not by entering my.router. the result is that also internet sites can be entered by ip not by name! maybe it is the mtu value, or is that improbably?

Antiloop
18-07-2004, 15:58
It's funny how this thread should be about the experiences with this beta version, but instead it's filled with people trying to get rid of it. Doesn't anyone think & read this forum before they act?
idd

i have to say it works smoothly.. and even faster (no i' haven't tested wireless performance etc..) bootup of the router is also much faster

but people think somehow this one has all oleg things in it.. like telnet and raw printing.. ssh etc.. but that's not..

xlephant
18-07-2004, 16:06
the only thing i need from oleqs firmware is raw printing, and a new feature QoS (wondershaper). maybe it is easyer to build up a new firmware (out of the 1.8.1.3) with modules in it(or maybe differnt versions with differnt features). so that everybody can save space to integrate the features that he wants!

Antiloop
18-07-2004, 16:34
the only thing i need from oleqs firmware is raw printing, and a new feature QoS (wondershaper). maybe it is easyer to build up a new firmware (out of the 1.8.1.3) with modules in it(or maybe differnt versions with differnt features). so that everybody can save space to integrate the features that he wants!

well you could use OpenWRT for that..

but I don't know how the usb support is with OpenWRT..

also 1.8.x.x is totally different, we should need new GPL sources

xlephant
18-07-2004, 17:19
ohh i didn't follow the whole discussion, i thought the source code is already avaiable.
so i hope asus will release them asap.

sky11
19-07-2004, 17:51
The New Version ist running very good to me.

Only 2 Questions: :confused:
How can i Update the Time from the Ausus Router ?

To set a new Administraor Name is now found under "System Setup"
Is it anywhere else ?

(I,am Running Ausus WL500g in WPA/AES Mode with W2K Client as a Gatewayrouter to a W2K Server)

THX in front for Help. :)

Sky

Antiloop
19-07-2004, 17:57
The New Version ist running very good to me.

Only 2 Questions: :confused:
How can i Update the Time from the Ausus Router ?

To set a new Administraor Name is now found under "System Setup"
Is it anywhere else ?

(I,am Running Ausus WL500g in WPA/AES Mode with W2K Client as a Gatewayrouter to a W2K Server)

THX in front for Help. :)

Sky
? what's the problem then ?
you say everything is right..

sky11
19-07-2004, 18:37
I Laughing later.

Its running good but not enough to these 2 Questions.

oberlegy
19-07-2004, 20:21

This is not working... Have you any other idea ?

Antiloop
19-07-2004, 23:30
you should login with admin/admin after setting the router to defaults ( YES this is needed in order to let the router function correctly)

the time is set correctly when the router is connected to a wan port

the administrator changer in 'system setup' is still a custom firmware feature (allthough asus states at the bottom of the router that you should change your username and password asap)

naruto
20-07-2004, 19:44
I testet this FW, and is dosent works for me no pppoe conection is possible :(
PPPOE Relay dosent work on wan only on a normal port :(

I downgrade to 1.7.9.5

Cu Naruto

Antiloop
26-07-2004, 01:04
this firmware also seems to be capable of doing ETHERNET BRIDGE and CLIENT mode.. the tests i've been able to do did not reallly show satifactionary things

i'm able to associate to my wl300 but only as a sort of client, ethernet bridge worked few times now it doesn't reassociate anymore :confused:

joep
28-07-2004, 13:56
Is there a full changelog available of the firmware ? Is there a general help document or faq available ?

I can understand that developing and testing is the most interesting and fun part of firmware releases, but after a few months away from this forum I have absolutely no idea what is added and how to use new functions.

Antiloop
28-07-2004, 14:12
Is there a full changelog available of the firmware ? Is there a general help document or faq available ?

I can understand that developing and testing is the most interesting and fun part of firmware releases, but after a few months away from this forum I have absolutely no idea what is added and how to use new functions.

there are almost no new functions yet, asus seems to have decided (discovered) that their firmware was messed up at the inside so they begun to clean it up and fix minor things..

signed
28-07-2004, 22:29
there are almost no new functions yet, asus seems to have decided (discovered) that their firmware was messed up at the inside so they begun to clean it up and fix minor things..

Hmmz, this one is also a bit messed up.
After changing the ip adress in ap mode the status still displays the default ip (192.168.1.1)
Time is also a bit wrong, according to the router we are living in 1970, pretty modern thing internet :)
Booting went much faster, but maybe there isn't the delay for the timeserver anymore.
Tried client mode, but couldn't connect to my netgear wgt634u wich also doesn't work with the other firmwares i tried.
If anyone thinks about buying one btw: DONT, just wait for the asus wl500gx.
I f*cked up the netgear anyway ;( so i'll wait for the asus :)

Styno
29-07-2004, 08:56
If anyone thinks about buying one btw: DONT, just wait for the asus wl500gx.
What makes you think the firmware of this new product will immediately be better then the one for WL500g?

signed
29-07-2004, 09:53
What makes you think the firmware of this new product will immediately be better then the one for WL500g?

It's a bit off topic, but i was talking about the Netgear.
I don't expect that the wl500gx firmware is better than the (costumized) firmware of the wl500g, but i expect it to be better than the firmware of the Netgear.
Recovery options on the Netgear for firmware recovery are not published in the manual, emailed support twice already no reaction so far.
After a firmware update my webinterface does no longer exist, problem is that if i want to flash a new firmware this has to be done trough the webinterface.
so, still waiting for support :)

Antiloop
29-07-2004, 10:55
It's a bit off topic, but i was talking about the Netgear.
I don't expect that the wl500gx firmware is better than the (costumized) firmware of the wl500g, but i expect it to be better than the firmware of the Netgear.
Recovery options on the Netgear for firmware recovery are not published in the manual, emailed support twice already no reaction so far.
After a firmware update my webinterface does no longer exist, problem is that if i want to flash a new firmware this has to be done trough the webinterface.
so, still waiting for support :)

i have also an address for you if you want to get rid of the netgear :D
would be a nice donation though

niels
02-08-2004, 13:33
I've flashed this new firmware to both my Wl300g and WL500g. Everything looks quite in order. But I've noticed that all of my 11Mbps clients can't connect anymore. 54Mbps clients don't have any problems. I use ASUS WL-140 USB and SENAO 2511+ PCCards. Both of them can't connect. If I flash the firmware back to 1.7.x or 1.6.x they can connect without any problem. So I thought the problem must be in the firmware. But I was wrong. After carefull investigation it looks like a problem on the Windows client site. If I use a brand new PC (a.k.a. clean install). The adapters CAN connect to the new 1..8.x release. So I de-installed the software/drivers for the Wireless cards/adapters on the Windows machines. Stripped all references form the registry and voila, they worked again. Some how Windows or the Asus/Senao driver don't like AP's beeing upgraded without total reconfiguration of the client side.

I was quite suprissed but it is all working again.

Now I;ve the problem that I can't get my Logitech QuickCam to work. But that is another conquest.

Niels

Antiloop
02-08-2004, 15:17
I've flashed this new firmware to both my Wl300g and WL500g. Everything looks quite in order. But I've noticed that all of my 11Mbps clients can't connect anymore. 54Mbps clients don't have any problems. I use ASUS WL-140 USB and SENAO 2511+ PCCards. Both of them can't connect. If I flash the firmware back to 1.7.x or 1.6.x they can connect without any problem. So I thought the problem must be in the firmware. But I was wrong. After carefull investigation it looks like a problem on the Windows client site. If I use a brand new PC (a.k.a. clean install). The adapters CAN connect to the new 1..8.x release. So I de-installed the software/drivers for the Wireless cards/adapters on the Windows machines. Stripped all references form the registry and voila, they worked again. Some how Windows or the Asus/Senao driver don't like AP's beeing upgraded without total reconfiguration of the client side.

I was quite suprissed but it is all working again.

Now I;ve the problem that I can't get my Logitech QuickCam to work. But that is another conquest.

Niels

did you anyway reset your router to defaults first? if not you will keep having problems.

signed
02-08-2004, 16:45
i have also an address for you if you want to get rid of the netgear :D
would be a nice donation though

I fixed it again and it is running smooth, but i'll keep you in mind when the wl500gx is comming out of it's deep cave :)
And i'm still waiting for netgear support to react.

rwhitby
06-08-2004, 15:42
Uploaded this early today.

The pond came up and all is good.

Its looking in funny places (255.255.255.255) for sm-server but it just keeps logging on. It works. what more do i need? Apart from olegs nice logs and telnet and other nice things i don't know how to use.

All Good

Matthew

Bigpond support in 1.8.1.3 does not work for me. They are trying to contact afr3.sa-remote.bigpond.net.au (which no longer exists since earlier this year). They should be using the WAN domain that the DHCP server gives you (which will be sa.bigpond.net.au for me) and sm-server as the hostname.

Anyway, I've added BigPond support to Oleg's latest customized firmware, and this message is coming to you through a connection kept up by that bpalogin executable.

-- Rod (how do I tell Asus that their BigPond support is stuffed?)

Thorz
08-08-2004, 07:30
Has anyone tested this firmware with bittorrent? Are the problems relating to bittorrent/emule (connection killed) gone on this release?
Asus supossed to post the new firmware in JUNE on ehtir webpage, but all their developers appear to have taken a LONG summer vacation because you cannot see any official movement for the WL-500g :mad:

vox
08-08-2004, 21:08
Hello!

i have upgrad to the 1.8.1.3, from the 1.4... no prob during the upgrade.

but now i have 2 questions:

1- in my hearly version i had the WLan firewall, how can i "firewall" the trafic from the WLan to the LAn?

2- the DHCP server, had 2 NetWork IDīs, for LAN 192.168.1.0/24, for the WLAN 192.168.2.0/24. How can i have this again? this i think is very useful !

3- And how can i Block the access to the http://192.168.1.1 from the WLAN?

tks for the help

Vox

Needle
12-08-2004, 01:23
Hi!
i cannot downgrade my wl500g :( :( :( from 1.8.1.1 to 1.7.5.6
i give a static ip to my computer......
next i power off the asus router.....the connection break...(its normal)
but when i power on my wl500g in restoration mod ...the network connection dont back :( :( and the signal of router is not detect in restoration mode :confused:
help meeeee pleasse!!! if you can
p:s sorry my bad english :D
i wait for help replys :o