PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : FTP in PBSA Mode - Possible??

Musk
28-08-2006, 15:28
Previously I had the 700gE set up in User Based Security mode. I had 3 users set up and each one could log in to ftp from any net conection.

Unfortunately, I found that the 700gE was not seen by a couple of media streamers that I have on the home network. As soon as I changed to Password Based Security, the 700gE is now seen on the network and I can stream media from it.

BUT now I cant seem to log in via ftp from off site. Is there any way to get ftp access if you dont hve users set up? I dont need users at this stage - even if I just have 1 logon for ftp. I have tried my router's admin logon/pw but this didnt work.

Anyone know how to FTP in under Password-Based -Security??? I wish this thing had a better manual :(

fraho
29-08-2006, 16:12
Sorry for the bad news: This seems to be one the bugs with the actual firmware, I experienced that already by myself, I switched back to ubs mode.

Musk
30-08-2006, 16:13
Damn! Hopefully they fix this issue soon and release an update.

Well, I need the windows workgroup access to work more than I need off-site FTP access so I guess I have to leave it in PBS mode for now.