PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Me, myself and WL500gP

AnyOne
16-08-2006, 10:32
Hello to all...
I'm new on the forum, cuz i've bought an wl500gp a few days ago, however with vacations comming, i just now have to time to really mess with the router firmware.

I'm creating this topic so that every1 that owns such router can discuss his experiences with it...

Until now my own experience is not very positive.. when the router came up i fastly installed the oleg firmware just to see how it happened... it worked very good, however i'll didnt managed to put torrent files downloading not even with ctorrent how was said on the guide. Since this was one of the major objectives i had for the router i thought... well lets go back to asus factory and install the download master thingy...

and so i did it... but the damn software doesnt find the router on the network (lol?), but i thought... must be my windows on the desktop.. gonna install it on the laptop... na... nothing...

And so i gave up of it lol..

Any1 has any weird experience with it?

Styno
16-08-2006, 11:05
What's this whining about doing in the Firmware discussion forum :mad:

Moved to Q&A.

sMiLe
16-08-2006, 15:26
Reset your settings by holding reset for >10sec while the router is powered on. It should have the IP 192.168.1.1 afterwards.

KSzasza
16-08-2006, 20:22
and so i did it... but the damn software doesnt find the router on the network (lol?), but i thought... must be my windows on the desktop.. gonna install it on the laptop... na... nothing...
try disable your firewall, then try, if works then set up your firewall (add your IP range to the trusted zone)

AnyOne
17-08-2006, 11:39
i dont have any kind of firewall on the desktop.

ill try an older version of it to see if it works!