PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : list of webcams

René2
05-08-2006, 08:17
I compiled a list of webcams that have been reported as working or that have the type of chipset that Asus says should be working with the WL500g.

It is attached as a pdf.

I found the Logitech Sphere to be widely available, but quite expensive. The Philips ToUCam seems to be available from online shops, but many owners seem to be dissatisfied with its quality (purple, green, b/w or blurred image). The Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 appears to be of a very nice quality, but somewhat harder to find. Shops are stocking up on the Messenger and the Pro 5000, all of which have not ben reported as working.

I bought the Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 at the Makro. They have a whole stack of them at 39 euro, not including VAT. There are Makro distributors all over Asia, South America and Europe, but they do not necessarily all stock the same products, but then again... they might well have them. I was amazed to find many of the same products in their stores in Venezuela, the Czech republic and in the Netherlands.

The Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 is definitely working with the Asus WL-500g. It somehow took half an hour or so for the image to start refreshing correctly. It didn't work well at first, I walked away and when I came back, it worked. So, give it some time...

Firmware is 1.9.2.7-6b (Oleg).

If anyone has any ideas about how to get the microphone working... i would like to hear about it.

cheers,
René