PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : UpnP experiences

avoid
12-08-2006, 14:27
The WL-500gP comes with a built-in UpnP server, which works out of the box.
I have a Snazio SZ 1350 player, which is hooked up to the router (via UTP-cable). The UpnP server is recognized immediately, browsing & playing the files on the server works great too.
However: I've got some .TS files on the server, and those do not show up on the client. It seems Asus has a predefined list of extensions (mp3, mpg etc.) it recognises as media files, while ignoring others.

I already sent a support-ticket to Asus about this issue, was just wondering if other people tried the UpnP functionality and what your experience is?

EddieZ
14-08-2006, 14:30
Does not work on KiSS DP-600. But that isn't really an UPnP player.

And turning on the WMM server makes a wireless connection with the mediaplayer impossible.

elkristo78
11-05-2007, 09:50
I have the came config with the snazzi and WL500gp, but since i use firmware 1.9.2.7 is the UpNp not working any more, what firmware do you use?

shoot
14-05-2007, 19:28
Note that upnp and 'server' are not the same thing. The 500gp comes with a built in media server. UPNP is some protocol that can be used for many things. E.g., UPNP allows the 500gp with default firmware to have the media server be 'known' to e.g. a snazio media player. (I know this is a simple explanation, please comment if i'm wrong here).

The 500gp oleg firmwares DO have UPNP. However, they do NOT include a media server. You should install such a media server yourself. Examples are Twonkyvision or Wizd. Both run well on 500gp.

I run a 500gp with oleg, 300GB USB drive, Wizd server and snazio, and this runs perfectly.

Search this forum on how to setup a media server.

hopes this helped a little.