PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Sorting of uPnP media items

Leviter
09-08-2006, 07:46
Hi,

The uPnP server is working fine with my Buffalo LinkTheater, but what I see is the order of files (movies/audio/..) is not sorted in any logical manner. It is not sorted on name for instance.

I did not find out yet how it is ordered... strange enough there is some way the uPnP server sorts it since the order on my Buffalo is always the same!!!

Can someone tell me how the WL700gE sorts the media? If sorted at all....

bmonninkhof
19-08-2006, 11:59
I've the same problem here with my Philips MX6000i. But the problem is also visable when you use the "browse share" option.

BlueEye
19-08-2006, 12:53
I've the same problem here with my Philips SLA5520.
All my MP3's are tagged with Tracknumber - Artist - Songname (01 - Depeche Mode - Never let me down, 02 - Depeche Mode - Enjoy the silence, ...) but the WL-700ge not sorted in any logical manner.

AverySimonsen
12-09-2006, 20:02
I think I can confirm what you are saying. I have a Noxon 2. The thing about network players is that they get the ordering and sorting options from the upnp server, afaik. I read somewhere that the built-in upnp server sorts on file timestamps or something similarly exotic. This is why the same seemingly random sequence always shows up the same on different players.