PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : How to mount an IP-drive?

JaDi
26-07-2006, 14:25
OK, these are the instruments: ASUS WL-500g and a Fan-tec NAS-drive attached to the WL-500g with assigned IP-address and samba enabled, two hands and intermediate level brains.:D

My question: is it possible to mount the FAT32 partition/samba share on the WL-500g? (no USB connection, only ethernet). I have already tried the mount command, only to get the error "no such device".
Is the WL-500g able to "scan" the samba shares within the network?

JaDi.

In case you would like to know why? I would like to install twonkyvision upnp server on the WL500g to be able to stream the content of this harddisk (500Gigs!) I was able to buy at a low price.

britnet
26-07-2006, 18:42
hello,

these so called IP-Drives has an own Sambaserver.

So you dont have to mount it.

You just have to enter the ip for the config page.

JaDi
27-07-2006, 12:04
It seems I haven't been clear enough. Connecting to the NAS-drive by typing the IP-address using another PC is no problem. I really would like to mount the contents of the HDD on the WL-500g filesystem, so that mediaserver software installed on the WL-500g can access the files on the harddisk via ethernet (instead of the much used method of connecting an extrernal HDD via USB).
I have to mount the HDD filesystem because the mediaserver software is not able to access files by means of an IP-address.

JaDi.

samoht
27-07-2006, 21:59
Please search for "smbmount"