PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Wl500gp external antenna and wireless no so fast.

Agv
14-07-2006, 17:57
Hi. I am Russian. Maybe write in russian topic?

So when i transfer through wifi speed not so good at 3 mbit/s. (Last firmware, standart G, notebook with all settings to max preformance in wifi driver, on friends notebook the same). It is normal?

Another question it has external antenna. I try to take off antena and it works on the same speed, like with antenna. Maybe somewhere option to turn on external antenna?
Coz i did not notice difference with external antenna is connected or disconnected.

marcnesium
15-07-2006, 01:11
As far as I know the box has an internal antenna, too. So it will work without the external one.

ostin
16-07-2006, 11:21
i've got 500gP and Dlink DWL-G510 PCI card...
feel myself like with modem connection.
2.2mb/s

mumie
28-07-2006, 11:39
Yes, there is internal antena. Its much more better than in WL-500g.

iaieiuuo
14-12-2008, 14:07
Hi, does anybody know a way to switch antennas?
(if it's possible, on original asus firmware, if not, how about oleg's one)

I like to use external, but don't know, which is set by default.

wpte
15-12-2008, 11:01
Hi. I am Russian. Maybe write in russian topic?

So when i transfer through wifi speed not so good at 3 mbit/s. (Last firmware, standart G, notebook with all settings to max preformance in wifi driver, on friends notebook the same). It is normal?

Another question it has external antenna. I try to take off antena and it works on the same speed, like with antenna. Maybe somewhere option to turn on external antenna?
Coz i did not notice difference with external antenna is connected or disconnected.

depending on the signal strengt and enviroment, the speed can be 3mb/s

the wifi speed of the wl500gp is 54mbits, so
54mbits/8= 6.75mb/s max under ideal circumstances.
and even then, its theoretical.
you will never be able to get that speed.
so I would say, if you have around 3 to 4mb/s you have a good wireless connection, otherwise check if there are things you can do better, like switching channels, using usb-hubs with psu so the wireless can get more power etc.

with the wl-500w I easily get above 10mb/s, it is just faster than the 100mbits wire connection:p

in the end, wireless will always be a little devil;)