PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Firmware v9.8.1.2 BETA

smallkeung
06-07-2004, 06:55
I just discover that a new beta firmware is released on http://support.hornington.com/asus_wireless/

WARNING: BETA VERSION
TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

DO NOT UPGRADE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING
DOWNGRADE IS NOT EASILY POSSIBLE!!

Changelog NON OFFICIAL by Oleg:
The difference with 1.8.1.1 as seems in the Telstra bigpond support and new iptables modules - ip_nat_starcraft.o ipt_NETMAP.o

note from asus:

After you upgrade to this beta version of firmware and please do "Hardware reset" from the back of WL-500g.

you can find the download at: http://wl500g.dyndns.org/WL500g_9.8.1.2_en.zip

NOTES:
*THIS FIRMWARE HAS NO ASSOCIATION WITH CUSTOM FIRMWARES! OR WITH OLEG
*PRINTSERVER IS SUPPOSED TO WORK AS FOUND IN THE ASUS MANUAL (FOR PROBLEMS RTFM)
*NO TELNET/SAMBA AVAILABLE YET (THIS IS NOT A CUSTOM FIRMWARE)

Antiloop
06-07-2004, 09:32
not yet.. dunno why they'have secured it.. maybe because of the traffic people are causing at their site.

anyway i've requested it by mail, don't know yet if they are going to reply I hope so.

ok, i've received the firmware from somewhere else, i've forwarded it to Oleg, he will put a mirror up asap

Antiloop
06-07-2004, 10:51
WARNING: BETA VERSION
TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

DO NOT UPGRADE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING
E.G. DOWNGRADE IS NOT POSSIBLE!!

Changelog NON OFFICIAL by Oleg:
The difference with 1.8.1.1 as seems in the Telstra bigpond support and new iptables modules - ip_nat_starcraft.o ipt_NETMAP.o

you can find the download at: http://wl500g.dyndns.org/WL500g_9.8.1.2_en.zip

NOTES:
*THIS FIRMWARE HAS NO ASSOCIATION WITH CUSTOM FIRMWARES! OR WITH OLEG
*PRINTSERVER IS SUPPOSED TO WORK AS FOUND IN THE ASUS MANUAL (FOR PROBLEMS RTFM)
*NO TELNET/SAMBA AVAILABLE YET (THIS IS NOT A CUSTOM FIRMWARE)

Antiloop
06-07-2004, 10:53
ok i've found it btw
this is version 1.8.1.2 seems to be an typo

thread will be moved to Q&A

Thijsje
07-07-2004, 11:13
I've installed it (yesterday it was showing as 1.8.1.2, right?) and it's working great. Does anybody got some more information on the wifi power? It's standard on 19 and I've put it on 23. Now my wifi reception is a bit better ( I think :rolleyes: ) Bu what are the maximum values and what does 19 mean?

Antiloop
07-07-2004, 11:28
maximum is 84.. use the search for more answers

Thijsje
08-07-2004, 00:58
maximum is 84.. use the search for more answers
You're right, my mistake. And it seems that 84 isn't that good. anybody checked what's the best result....

and the firmware really shows now 9.8.1.2 in the upgrade firmware screen...

weird, but it's working fine for me, overnet (edonkey) seems to be working better.... :confused:

Matthew
09-07-2004, 14:00
Hi
I am not getting much luck get the wee beggar working on telstra bigpond, the router picks up all the info, whatever setting i use in the heartbeat just kills it.

Any good ideas?

I am happy to sit it behind a router but shouldnt need to.

Matthew

ReBooT
11-07-2004, 08:02
woohoo..god knows what I changed different to the million other attempts, but I am not one to complain now.

Pcnmcia
12-07-2004, 07:59
Hi guys, i downloaded this beta firmware.
After flashing it asks for login/password combination, the admin/admin doesn't work at all.
I had to flash back with an older firmware with the rescue utility, it was really a big pain... :(
What is the correct login/password combination for te 9.8.1.2 beta?

Thanks in advance. :)

Antiloop
12-07-2004, 08:16
Hi guys, i downloaded this beta firmware.
After flashing it asks for login/password combination, the admin/admin doesn't work at all.
I had to flash back with an older firmware with the rescue utility, it was really a big pain... :(
What is the correct login/password combination for te 9.8.1.2 beta?

Thanks in advance. :)

please see startpost (forgot to add that line)
you have to restore settings to default because of internal changes
after that you can login with admin/admin

zerokewl
12-07-2004, 22:22
Well, I have installed it for 5 days now and it's working quite good and fast. I had some problems during configuration when parameters were not stored correctly and got messed up. Also I've only managed to get 128bit shared key protection to work with Win & OS/X.
Another severe bug I have noticed so far is that after some filesharing (Shareaza) HTTP transfer is not working anymore. Only thing to get it up again is to reboot the router.

Greetings, zerokewl.

smallkeung
13-07-2004, 03:19
Well, I have installed it for 5 days now and it's working quite good and fast. I had some problems during configuration when parameters were not stored correctly and got messed up. Also I've only managed to get 128bit shared key protection to work with Win & OS/X.
Another severe bug I have noticed so far is that after some filesharing (Shareaza) HTTP transfer is not working anymore. Only thing to get it up again is to reboot the router.

Greetings, zerokewl.

For me, when i'm using BT, I still have the disconnect problem after upgrade..... :( :( :(