PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : The torrent-issue - once and for all

marcnesium
09-07-2006, 17:57
Hello et all!

I must admit, that I'm a new user to the wl-500gp-box, but the basics of WL500gp-1.9.2.7-7f-pre4 are running. For example dropbear, ipkg, smbd, thttpd, 16->32MB, USB-HDD.
Now I want to achieve to get a torrent-client running (and additionally spin down my USB-harddisk by software - perhaps with hdparm).
So, I think I read almost every post about torrent in this forum, but I find it very difficult to find the right and working information. I tried it with torrent_admin and torrent_watchdog and I drilled some hole in my firewall like I read it here. But at the end of the day I can’t download torrentfiles yet :-(
So, perhaps could someone, who has a working torrent-downloading-box write here the modifications, which were necessary to bring it to work. I’m especially interested in the enhanced ctorrent-package (which additional packages do I need, configuration, iptables, etc..). But every other working solution is welcome.
Until now I documented every of my steps while setting my box up, so I would agree to write something like a howto or a tutorial which summarize all steps, especially for the torrent issue.
So, what do you think? Please help me, and I will give my best to make those information easily accessible in detail in this forum. Thx!

oleo
13-07-2006, 10:19
I am using package torrent for more than one year. There is also some totorial on http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/Torrent describing it.

marcnesium
15-07-2006, 01:41
Hi Oleo!

Thx, I read this side already. But unfortunately my torrent don't starts (but on PC). I'm not sure were to search the fault. Do I need iptables rules? Which ones? And the cgi-script does not work really proper, but that cannot be the problem, right.
Other question: I've read that on OpenWRT fw one can run enhanced ctorrent. But I don't want to abandon the features of oleg's fw. There was something about c++ library problems... Can you provide me with some information about installing etorrent?
Thanks for your help.

Ciao Marc.

oleo
16-07-2006, 20:29
I can only say that both btget and ctorrent works OK. There are no problems with c++ libraries any more.

marcnesium
17-07-2006, 01:12
You are right. I started again from zero and now it works fine... perhaps I did sth wrong on my 1st try.. thanks for your attention!

timbo.nl
17-07-2006, 20:59
Message,

i get the following error:

[admin@(none) root]$ ctorrent
ctorrent: can't load library 'libuClibc++.so.0'

first i have installed ipkg
and after that i installed ctorrent

then i get this error?

what is the problem and more important how can i solve this problem?

nublete
17-07-2006, 21:00
Please help me, and I will give my best to make those information easily accessible in detail in this forum. Thx!

A promise is a promise, right ? :)

marcnesium
18-07-2006, 13:04
Sure. I have 11KB plaintext notes, but in an few days i have an examen, so you have to be patient - just e few days. Most is already edited, but not everything. No fear, i'll keep my promise ;) (cause: documentation is like sex, see below)

Ciao Marc.

nublete
18-07-2006, 14:39
bafta maxima !

We await your return :D

marcnesium
24-07-2006, 14:33
Kept my promise: WL-500g Premium Howto Part One and Two (http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=5909) :)
I hope it's helpful...

Ciao Marc.