PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Use a HP PSC 1350 printer with WL-500g Deluxe ?

Sputnik
03-07-2006, 19:57
Is it possible to use a HP PSC 1350 all-in-one printer with WL-500g Deluxe router, and how do i "find" the printer on the wireless net ?

(Newest 1.9.6.0 firmware upgrade from Asus)

On HP's website, there is written "This installation DOES NOT SUPPORT networked (Ethernet or wireless) installations."

http://kortlink.dk/2u82

- I'm new into this, so excuse me...

Artefacto
09-07-2006, 00:30
yeah, it does; in fact, i'm using one.
(assuming ms windows xp from now on)
first connect the printer directly to the computers from which you want to print and install the drivers. On each one, go to printers & faxes, select the printer, go to properties, tab Ports and click add new port. Now select TCP/IP port. Fill it with the router ip (usually 192.168.1.1) and select RAW. Now connecting the printer to the router should suffice. If it doesn't work the first time, try to reboot the router.

Antiloop
09-07-2006, 16:53
yeah, it does; in fact, i'm using one.
(assuming ms windows xp from now on)
first connect the printer directly to the computers from which you want to print and install the drivers. On each one, go to printers & faxes, select the printer, go to properties, tab Ports and click add new port. Now select TCP/IP port. Fill it with the router ip (usually 192.168.1.1) and select RAW. Now connecting the printer to the router should suffice. If it doesn't work the first time, try to reboot the router.
as you are using RAW aren't you using a custom firmware then? instead of an Asus one

Sputnik
09-07-2006, 17:22
Thanks for your answer, your "how to" guide works great! :D

It took me only 3 minutes, and then i was printing wireless - amazing!

I'm using firmware version 1.9.5.0 from Asus.

In the printer support list on Asus's website, the HP PSC 1350 isn't in the list, but it works!

http://www.asus.com/products1.aspx?l1=12&l2=0&l3=0&modelmenu=0&share=txt/30

I could be nice if it also was possible to scan wireless... ;)

Sputnik
09-07-2006, 17:48
If it doesn't work the first time, try to reboot the router.
I forgot to ask, what if i add a second printer (laser printer) to the WL-500g deluxe router, can i use your methode twice, or will there / can there be any problems with the second printer ?