PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : VSFTP Home Directory

MHz
03-07-2006, 19:00
Hello,

Everything works now with VSFTP, but when I login with my superuser details, I'm comming in a directory like this:

- bin
- dev
- home
- lib
- mnt
- opt
- proc
- sbin
- tmp
- usr

I used WS FTP Home 2006. I think that this is the inside of the router. Am I right? I whink that because in the www directory there a the files for the web interface. By The Way, the "-" signs are not in the directory names.

My question is: How to change the home dir so I'm entering /opt with the superuser.

I tried it with Windows Explorer too, but if I login with Windows Explorer I get an empty directory. What's wrong?

Thanks,

PcExpert

MHz
08-07-2006, 14:36
Somebody, please

MMCM
12-07-2006, 09:32
With vsftpd the ftp-root is the linux home directory for that user.
Enabling ftp access (from the internet) for the root user (admin with wl500g) is a very bad idea. You should never do that.
Define you own linux user (adduser), set a secure password and assign the desired home directory.

jonolumb
27-08-2006, 17:23
These pages should set you on the right path:
http://www.sprayfly.com/wiki/User_Management_Guides
Jono

yishay
10-09-2006, 14:36
Hello,

Everything works now with VSFTP, but when I login with my superuser details, I'm comming in a directory like this:

I used WS FTP Home 2006. I think that this is the inside of the router. Am I right? I whink that because in the www directory there a the files for the web interface. By The Way, the "-" signs are not in the directory names.

My question is: How to change the home dir so I'm entering /opt with the superuser.

I tried it with Windows Explorer too, but if I login with Windows Explorer I get an empty directory. What's wrong?

Thanks,

PcExpert

Hello
Login with admin (superuser) shows all directories. if you login as simple user you should see ftp_pub directory as home.