PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Firmwareupdate failed

aolschewski
02-07-2006, 13:09
Hi,

i would update the firmware to the new version i found on ASUS website. I selected File an press upload on the router webinterface. after a few seconds i see only a blank page. I wait another 15 minutes and nothing happens. Now i worked on and after a file i found out that my network shares not working. so i powerd the router off and now nothing works. only the ready led is blinking.
what can i do ?

thank you
Andreas

Antiloop
02-07-2006, 19:23
did you read the manual ?
maybe the sympton you say is in it

ralam
03-07-2006, 07:14
i would update the firmware to the new version i found on ASUS website. I selected File an press upload on the router webinterface. after a few seconds i see only a blank page. I wait another 15 minutes and nothing happens. Now i worked on and after a file i found out that my network shares not working. so i powerd the router off and now nothing works. only the ready led is blinking.
what can i do ?

Dit you try restoring the factory settings? You can do this by pressing the reset button for at least 5 seconds.

aolschewski
04-07-2006, 17:56
did you read the manual ?
maybe the sympton you say is in it

Hi, i do not, because the manual is not available in english or german and in installation guide i found no answers

thanx
andreas

aolschewski
04-07-2006, 17:58
Dit you try restoring the factory settings? You can do this by pressing the reset button for at least 5 seconds.

more than one time, no help on that.
i try to upload a firmware with tftp but its failed, i think the file is to big for ram and rom and the harddisk starts not up

thanx
andreas

ClaudeX
20-07-2006, 00:08
Hi, I have the exact same problems and nobody seems to know what's going on. If my WL700gE has a defect, we now have two defects.....

http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=5870

aslepet
17-09-2006, 09:34
im sure if u browse the forum u will find a solution.

in the tutorial part there is a way of restoring to router to a mode where u can upload new firmware!

i had the same problem as u, but by reading here i finally got it up and running again.

aslepet

e-motion
19-09-2006, 18:45
If flashing has failed and the WL-700ge has only a blinking <ready> light this will solve the issue:

1. Download and unzip the latest working firmware for the WL-700gE
----> http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/WL-700g/WL700gE_1042.zip
2. Download tftp32 (http://tftp32.jounin.net)
3. Download the tool AsusTrxExtract. (http://www.headcrash.biz/wl700g).
Running this beautiful tool will split the WL700gE_1.0.4.2.nas file in:
- WL700gE_1.0.4.2_disk.trx
- WL700gE_1.0.4.2_flash.trx
4. Power on the WL-700ge
5. Use tftp32 to upload WL700gE_1.0.4.2_flash.trx to the WL-700ge
6. When transfer is succesfull remove powercable, wait 20 seconds and insert powercable.
7. Use the Asus Firmware restoration tool to upload the WL700gE_1.0.4.2.nas file.

Took me a day to figure out, but the white brick is up and running again!!!:)

Bunny Rabbit
19-09-2006, 22:37
Chaps

I had exactly the same issue when i frimware upgrade my WL-700GE router from 1.0.4.2 to 1.0.4.6

This is something i found out and it worked for me so maybe you can try? Its from another person who has kindly put this into the forum.

------------------------------------------------------

There is also a different way to upgrade your router. This one is also very usefull if your router doesn't work anymore after an earlier upgrade. The original was written by DaNawq, but usefull for this section as well, so it will not get lost.

The step below can be followed if your router is still working properly or is not responding anymore.

1. Before you do anything to your router, first give your desktop computer a static IP address like 192.168.1.50. This is needed to be able to do the steps below.
2. Now unplug the power cord of your router for about 10-20 seconds
3. Hold the orange EZSetup-button while plugging power on
4. Once the blue Ready LED is blinking unhold immediately EZSetup button.
5. Wait 10 seconds
6. Start the Firmware-Restore tool on your desktop computer to upload a working firmware (do not start it before any of the earlier steps).
7. Press the Browse button to select a firmware file. E.g. "WL700gE_1.0.4.2.nas" and then press "Upload"
8. Now a box will appear where you can see the router is being found and the firmware being uploaded. Once finished, the window will automatically close
9. Do NOT turn off the router now, but wait for 1 or 2 minutes and you will notice that your router is still working even if in previous step the window automatically closed. The blue IDE LED will blink showing that your manchine is still processing some stuff and after a while the blue Ready LED and also the blue AIR LED will shine.
10. Do NOT !!!!! NOT Press the Reset button !!!!! If you would do this, the router will become useless (untill you repeat step 1 again)
11. Wait for the router to boot. After about a minute or so, the "Ready" light will come on.
12. Now you can press the EZSetup-button for a few seconds until the start button starts blinking to configure the router with the EZ Setup Wizard software.

Good luck!:) :) :eek: :)