PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : uPnP questions

xanado
19-06-2006, 20:45
Hey,

the wL700 should be able to act as uPnP server.
1. Which devices are confirmed working with this asus?

2. It is very important for me that subs (srt/sub) is also working when these filer are placed on the asus (same name as xvid).

3. Is it possible for a player to connect to the asus when it is in User Based Share Access(UBSA) mode. Or is it possible to enter a user/pass in the upnp player?

Barnosch
20-06-2006, 18:12
1. I think it depends on which uPnP Server Software you are about to run.
On my 500gx runs a Twonky Vision uPnP Server.
Go to the Twonky Vision Site an have a look on the supported Players.
I think every Streaming Client should work (noxxon or whatever)
I can handle the Stream with Nero Showtime.
Itīs the only Player i know so far which supports uPnP.

2. dunno

3.dunno. try

AverySimonsen
11-09-2006, 18:01
To the best of my knowledge, you can't change the upnp server on the WL-700gE. Not until somebody gets an alternative firmware up and running.

Krisjohn
13-09-2006, 00:20
I just posted this in one of the other uPnP threads:

I have a Zensonic Z500 network media player DVD blah, blah, blah. The uPnP stuff works great for music, but any attempt to stream video results in the Z500 instantly rebooting :(

Just to add a bit more detail, the Z500 is a flakey little thing that was released with a hell of a lot of bugs. I've upgraded the software on it, using a nice network-based upgrade process, a couple of times and I still don't think I have the latest version. Like the WL-700gE it's a linux-based "thing", and also like the WL-700gE I think the complexity kind of got away from the people who put together the software.