PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Firmware v1.8.1.1 BETA

geoffreytw
26-06-2004, 03:45
WARNING: BETA VERSION
TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Changelog:
nothing known yet.

you can find the download at: http://files.wl500g.info/asus/wl500g/firmware/wl500g_1.8.1.1_en.zip

Sent by Asus TSD via email. Tried and working, everything seems a bit faster. NTP server default is now correct for me, Webcam startup seems much faster, plus many other misc changes.

note from antiloop:
*DO NOT UPGRADE UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING
*THIS FIRMWARE HAS NO ASSOCIATION WITH CUSTOM FIRMWARES! OR WITH OLEG
*PRINTSERVER IS SUPPOSED TO WORK AS FOUND IN THE ASUS MANUAL (FOR PROBLEMS RTFM)
*NO TELNET/SAMBA AVAILABLE YET (THIS IS NOT A CUSTOM FIRMWARE)
*DOWNGRADE IS MAYBE NOT NORMALLY POSSIBLE!!!!!

Antiloop
29-06-2004, 19:31
ok it's available for download NOW :D

did not have time to try it yet myself..

dijksan
29-06-2004, 20:33
if you want to login to router use no username-password=admin

your password is been deleted!

:cool:

Oleg
29-06-2004, 21:11
This firmware is completely reworked. Probably ASUS has new programmers.
It's now mostly like a Linksys wrt54g one (broadcom style).

Nibe
29-06-2004, 21:19
Hello,

After upgrade to this firmware, do a reset for connected to internet.
I can't do a telnet router.
I see the router mount my usb disk, but how can i do for see it in windows ?

Thanks.

dijksan
29-06-2004, 21:23
The printerserver is not working like in firmware 1.7.5.9-2 when using the asus software,the printer epson 880 will hang.

It's not possible to chance the username of the asus./ftp login superuser is not possible.

Better is the log screen you now be able to see the login of your ftp serverr.

The URL filter is not working !

So this firmware needs some more programming

Best regards from Dijksan sorry for my bad translating to english

Oleg
29-06-2004, 21:31
Guys, this is not a custom firmware, so it has nothing like samba, telnet and custom firmware printing. As for printing - use ASUS instructions for setting it up.

Cantara
29-06-2004, 21:41
Nice! It has already the TKIP and AES encryption from 802.11i protocol :D

Antiloop
29-06-2004, 22:01
yes indeed.. but the custom firmware had tkip+aes too already :)

another thing, it uses a new wireless driver
my A716 is now capable of connecting at 11mbit instead of 2mbit before

Antiloop
30-06-2004, 00:33

hmm my A716 does this only when the router has restarted, and i don't reassociate anymore.

Antiloop
30-06-2004, 00:37
The printerserver is not working like in firmware 1.7.5.9-2 when using the asus software,the printer epson 880 will hang.

It's not possible to chance the username of the asus./ftp login superuser is not possible.

Better is the log screen you now be able to see the login of your ftp serverr.

The URL filter is not working !

So this firmware needs some more programming

Best regards from Dijksan sorry for my bad translating to english
login superuser works fine for me?

chrus
30-06-2004, 05:54
This firmware is completely reworked. Probably ASUS has new programmers.
It's now mostly like a Linksys wrt54g one (broadcom style).

does this mean, that this firmware can't be custumized easily like previous versions or the firmware customizing must begin at a new point?

Antiloop
30-06-2004, 09:47
does this mean, that this firmware can't be custumized easily like previous versions or the firmware customizing must begin at a new point?

as far as i have seen, it's become more nicely inside the firmware

e.g. nvram seems to be cleaned up, but indeed will need some modifications for customizing but will make it much easier

but beware, that it's maybe not possible to downgrade normally anymore!!

Alpaca
30-06-2004, 10:01
Could you elaborate on that a little further? :confused:

Oleg
30-06-2004, 10:13
yes, it will take more time

Benny
30-06-2004, 10:14
I have upload this firmware, but i cant login. The AIR LED and the LAN1 LED are blinking. How can I Login to the Router. Can not find the IP Adress of the Router . The Restore Buttom dosnt help.

Sorry for my bad English,

Thx for help

fenicks
30-06-2004, 10:21
Seems indeed that firmware downgrade is not possible anymore after upgrade.

Upload of saved WL500g settings seems also not working.

Under wireless 54g LRS option is missing for downwards compatibility with non 54g cards.

Network seems again to reset every 10min (polling).

Admin user menu loads slowly over wireless.

Seems that after changing of settings the settings are slowly updated.

fenicks
30-06-2004, 10:27
I have upload this firmware, but i cant login. The AIR LED and the LAN1 LED are blinking. How can I Login to the Router. Can not find the IP Adress of the Router . The Restore Buttom dosnt help.

Sorry for my bad English,

Thx for help

Username=
Password=admin

Otherwise do a reset, then default applies.

PS this was already posted by DIJKSAN

Benny
30-06-2004, 10:40
Username=
Password=admin

Otherwise do a reset, then default applies.

PS this was already posted by DIJKSAN

The Reset (Restore) Buttom dosnt help and I have no IP Adress where can I logged in

fenicks
30-06-2004, 10:51
The Reset (Restore) Buttom dosnt help and I have no IP Adress where can I logged in

Press the reset button on the back side of the router while it is ON hold the button pressed till the POWER light is blinking. The router should now be reset and reachable over IP 192.168.1.1

Benny
30-06-2004, 11:23
Press the reset button on the back side of the router while it is ON hold the button pressed till the POWER light is blinking. The router should now be reset and reachable over IP 192.168.1.1

Thx for Help im logged in. puhh :D

Benny
30-06-2004, 12:26

and how can i downgrade? :eek:

Antiloop
30-06-2004, 12:33
djeez...

is nobody capable of READING

do NOT upgrade unless you know what you are doing

why do you all upgrade if you don't even know what you are doing

anyway there should be a possibility to downgrade, which i will try later this day if I have time.
for the ones who want to try theirself, search for the firmware which is capable of starting up with only telnet enabled, and restore nvram to defaults

Oleg
30-06-2004, 12:52
I'm also suggesting using firmware restoration tool for downgrade.

fenicks
30-06-2004, 13:32
At this moment it seems the 1.8.1.1 Beta can not be downgraded with the web interface.

You can try to shutdown the router, diconnevt the power and then hold the reset button pressed for minimal 5sec so take 10.
Connect the PC with the old firmware tou the router (restauration is normaly done by UTP connection)
Start your ASUS firmware restauration tool up and select the firmware.
Reconnect the power to the Router and start the restauration.

This should do the trick if it does not restart, reboot the router after about 5min bij pressing the reset button while the router is on.

PS this is also already posted in the forum, I did not test it with the 1.8.1.1 firmware.

Cantara
30-06-2004, 15:39
Well, it isn't an objective analysis of this new firmware, but I sense a more stable traffic with this one when I'm using Emule. The upload chart is much more stable when I get more than 55kb or when I've more than 250 general connections. In fact, the uploads are completly stable.
I also notice that (when I've Emule on) the websurfing is much more fluid.
But as I said in the begining, what I said isn't objective. For example, It may be that my internet connection got better (I really doubt, 'cause my ISP sucks!). :D
But at this point, I think that this firmware can handle better with more connections/traffic.
Any comments from Emule users?

Antiloop
30-06-2004, 15:56
I'm also suggesting using firmware restoration tool for downgrade.

doesn't really seem to work great. reported by a user yesterday!?
but i have to test this myself tonight

Kaloz
01-07-2004, 10:48

What is the driver version? (from dmesg for example)

Antiloop
01-07-2004, 12:22
What is the driver version? (from dmesg for example)
can't check right now because the one that runs 1.8.1.1 is behind my first wl500g which is connected to wan

but it used an totally other versioning began with something like 1.3.........?

also note that this firmware seems to be preparing for use with the WL500gx

Cantara
01-07-2004, 14:19
This is strange. Since I upgraded this firmware, my computer can't get a fixed ip like before. The DHCP works fine, it gives an IP (192.168.1.*), but after a while, it changes the IP of the computer. This never happened to me. My computer always had the same IP. It only changed if I made a reboot. Is it from the firmware, or I have something wrong in the configuration?

oberlegy
06-07-2004, 08:30
The firmware restoration tool searching for a Wireless device, but I'am just using normal LAN, and I have any wireless device.
How can I downgrade the firmware ?
Please help !

Antiloop
06-07-2004, 10:10
why did you upgrade in the first place?

Krypt
06-07-2004, 21:52
I've flashed my router with the beta firmware but missed the print support in Oleg's firmware.. And I successfully flashed back to Oleg's firmware with the Firmware restoration tool.

I first flashed the official firmware using the Firmware restoration and then flashed back again to Oleg's firmware.. so it is possible..

oberlegy
06-07-2004, 22:16
How can I use the firmware restoration tool exactly ?
I don't understand, why connect to the wireless device ???

rongogo
06-07-2004, 22:34
I get a big problem to by using this firmware, i can recover my firmware too, it's onposible to connect with my router :confused:

rongogo

oberlegy
07-07-2004, 14:29
Who can make any successful firmware dowgrade from this firmware to anything else ? Please send a private email to me !

fritzfischer
07-07-2004, 15:38
To be able to use the firmware recovery tool you have to reset the router the following way: Switch of the router, hold the reset button at least for one second while switching the router on again. Now the power led should blink and now you are able to use the firmware recovery software.

Good luck. :)

Job
08-07-2004, 08:35
My only problem with this firmware is with the printer, I have a HP laserjet 1100. I can only print small documents. I can see that does not load the whole document to the printer. I upgraded because I also had problems with 1.7.5.9-2. Hope someone can fix this. Now I cannot through the IE interface method, downgrade or upgrade to that other new beta version.
Just let me say that this forum has helped me a lot to work around some issues on the router. I am just a nebie in this stuff and don't know much about it.
Thanks to all of you. :)

oberlegy
08-07-2004, 16:17
With original firmware and 1.7.5.6 ASUS firmware included two independent firewall for LAN and WiFi. The 1.8.1.1 includes only one firewall.
It is normally ?

oberlegy
08-07-2004, 21:49
I did the following:
"reset the router the following way: Switch off the router, hold the reset button at least for one second while switching the router on again. Now the power led should blink and now you are able to use the firmware recovery software."

So I don't understand, what happens ...
The firmware restoration tool gives the following message:
"Connect to the wireless device ... 1 sec, 2 sec , 3 sec " etc...
This take up to 31 seconds.
Then the following message is appear:
"No wireless device in recovery mode is found"

My question: What kind of wireless device it find and why ?
Do you understand it ? :mad:

Krypt
08-07-2004, 22:05
How is your host connected to the Asus WL500g?

My machine was plugged into the first LAN port of the router when I used the Firmware restauration..

byteZero
22-07-2004, 18:24
Hi,

i tried the "off - reset - on again" method and the pwr led did start blinking, but i get the following message from software: "Upload failed, please check your connection...".
Is there any other condition for using the restoration tool ? :confused:

johnbronsgeest
12-08-2004, 20:24
I upgraded to 1.8.11

i changed my admin password

now the userid = blank
the password is the new one

i have a problem now loggin in as admin on the FTP server

if i dont' givin a username the ftp server think i am a guest

and i dont have privilidge

help
help

pls

Antiloop
12-08-2004, 23:09
I upgraded to 1.8.11

i changed my admin password

now the userid = blank
the password is the new one

i have a problem now loggin in as admin on the FTP server

if i dont' givin a username the ftp server think i am a guest

and i dont have privilidge

help
help

pls
use 1.8.1.3 instead
and do a reset to default (as stated in that post!!)

jz73
12-10-2004, 18:24
Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Any known solution available? Thank you.

Hi,

i tried the "off - reset - on again" method and the pwr led did start blinking, but i get the following message from software: "Upload failed, please check your connection...".
Is there any other condition for using the restoration tool ? :confused:

Antiloop
12-10-2004, 18:42
Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Any known solution available? Thank you.
use search please, answers are everywhere: answered before

assign static ip to your wired nic 192.168.1.2 / 255.255.255.0

Thijsje
19-10-2004, 11:34
Antiloop, Oleg.

Don't you guys get tired repeating the same answers over and over again? I even get tired reading them when I expect to read something new and interesting.

Is it possible to put a RTFM link on top of your page and direct al newbie questions to that link. This will keep the conversation clean and interesting.

On topic: I'll try the firmware this week to see if the eDonkey is indeed more stable, I'll use netlimiter to make a screenshot of the speed before and after the upgrade.

Antiloop
19-10-2004, 12:18
Antiloop, Oleg.

Don't you guys get tired repeating the same answers over and over again? I even get tired reading them when I expect to read something new and interesting.

Is it possible to put a RTFM link on top of your page and direct al newbie questions to that link. This will keep the conversation clean and interesting.

On topic: I'll try the firmware this week to see if the eDonkey is indeed more stable, I'll use netlimiter to make a screenshot of the speed before and after the upgrade.
tired yes
rtfm won't help because the word 'search' / 'faq the rules' doesn't mean anything to a lot of people