PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Complicated WiFi setup

steveclv
06-06-2006, 19:58
Can anyone give me some suggestions on setting up a WiFi Router in my RV - I'll explain the situation.

I have a hi-gain external directional WiFi antenna that mounts on the outside of the RV complete with a signal booster. Inside the RV I have an ASUS WL-500g router.

I then have 3 PCs that all have WiFi cards.

When I arrive at a campsite with WiFi, I want to be able to configure my router so that it will bridge across to the campsite WiFi service and allow the laptops to connect using my WiFi router.

The advantages of this method are that I can use one large directional antenna to get the best signal even if some way away from the campsite antenna and I can network the laptops locally rather than opening up the firewall to everyone in the campsite.

I have tried enabling the bridge function in the Asus but it still seems to be looking for a connection on its WAN port (ethernet) plus as it only as one antenna, can it be configured as I had hoped?

Any ideas?

Oleg
08-06-2006, 10:09
The thing you're talking about is WDS, but you can't configure it this way, as WDS requires all APs to be configured for WDS...