PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : LAN Port connection 'dies' on restart

lodp
06-06-2006, 16:28
Hello everybody,

I've got this problem with my WL-500g ever since I got the thing 2 weeks ago:

When I connect my laptop to one of the LAN-ports on the router, it takes a couple of times of plugging in and unplugging, until the LEDs of one of the ports goes on and I can connect. From then on, everything works fine. UNTIL I restart my Computer, that is - when I power down, the LED on the port goes off and doesn't come up again when I bott the laptop, unless I do the plugging-in plugging-out again a couple of times.

Also, when I unplug the cable on the side of the Laptop when it's running, the LED goes off and only comes up again after several tries.

Now this may sound very much like the patch cord is bad. But that's not it - I got a new one, and it's the same thing. Also its the same on all of the 4 LAN ports, and the once there is a connection, it never just dies by itself. Only when I restart. So it's not a problem with the physical connection, I think.

I upgraded the firmware to Oleg's 1.9.2.7c; before that, it ran on the 1.9.5 official firmware (but the upgrade didn't change anything in this respect). The WAN port is connected to a Cable Modem (no problems at all connecting those two), and the Laptop runs Kubuntu Linux, just in the case these things matter.

I've never had a router before, I would really appreciate any pointers..

lodp
08-06-2006, 13:57
some additional info:

/var/log/messages says upon startup:

Jun 8 14:49:04 localhost kernel: [ 298.468918] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth1: link is not ready

this is the same log entry that i get when i do a "/etc/init.d/networking restart", while the LAN-Port LED on the router is off.

when i do some unplugging and plugging-back-in (and the LED on one of the ports finally is on), the following gets logged:

Jun 8 14:50:07 localhost kernel: [ 361.408592] eth1: Setting full-duplex based on MII#1 link partner capability of 45e1.
Jun 8 14:50:07 localhost kernel: [ 361.408818] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth1: link becomes ready

then the connection is ok. pretty bad, huh?