PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Download Master utility does not find WL-700ge

Lyf
26-05-2006, 23:46
I cannot use the download master utility on the PC or Laptop. Everytime I try to connect it complains
"Device not found". Device Discovery works and finds
the router without a problem.
Using the web interface works (for FTP at least, had some problems with BT, will try this again later).
The firmware installed was the newest (1.0.4.1).
Lyf
PS: If someone has a problem starting the device discovery or download master with an error bind failed 10048, then it is another application blocking a port, in my case it was the Acer utility anbmServer.exe.
PPS: I already made an inquiry on the Asus support site.

IMM22
27-05-2006, 09:08
did you setup the modem with EZsetup ? that can make the diference.
Reinstall de application maybe the Download Master is seartching yhe router in other ip gama.

See. if download master service is Active in the router setup (applications setup)

If you have na antivirus, with firewall disable it for some time to test this possibility

Lyf
27-05-2006, 16:32
did you setup the modem with EZsetup ? that can make the diference.
Reinstall de application maybe the Download Master is seartching yhe router in other ip gama.

I did not setup my laptop with EzSetup, I tried once it complained "Remove Ethernet cable", although I had no cable plugged in. I tried just now disabling the Ethernet port, did not help either.
The PC was installed with EzSetup.

See. if download master service is Active in the router setup (applications setup)

If you have na antivirus, with firewall disable it for some time to test this possibility
The download master is active in the settings.
Disabling the firewall did not help either.

But at least the web interface works. All in all I am quite satisfied with the router, so I can live with that problem for now.
Lyf

Lyf
27-05-2006, 18:28
Ok I got it. It seems the Download Master sends out a broadcast on port 9999, and I have an application running locally that answers this broadcast ahead of the WL-700ge.
I did not yet find out which application it is, but I simply denied any UDP packets to the download master from the same machine (Kerio firewall) now it works!
Lyf