PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : How to get BT working ?

Fixma
18-05-2006, 22:05
What must you do to get BT working on the 700ge? Port forwarding? Becuase I don't get a good conection so it don't work :confused:

PXP52
19-05-2006, 07:23
@Fixma

How you try to use BT ? Over the Download Master app. of the WL-700g or with windows client like Azureus ?

If you use a windows client like Azureus you must use port forwarding.

BTW Fixma can you confirme the problem with files lager 2 GB (FTP Download ) ?

cu

Dirk

Fixma
19-05-2006, 09:33
@Fixma

How you try to use BT ? Over the Download Master app. of the WL-700g or with windows client like Azureus ?

If you use a windows client like Azureus you must use port forwarding.

BTW Fixma can you confirme the problem with files lager 2 GB (FTP Download ) ?
k
I can test it if BT works;-) I did it with the downloader util on the PC from Asus. So on the router and not a PC client.. So what are your settings?

PXP52
19-05-2006, 10:21
@Fixma

No special settings ! The BT app in the WL-700g works fine with the default settings for me.

About the 2 GB filesize problem : Try to download a file lager the 2GB with the Asus Download Master software and tell me if the displayed filesize lager 2 GB.

cu

Dirk

Fixma
20-05-2006, 14:32
Finaly it did works. pff download master is really bugie! I really hope for a fast firmware update..

AverySimonsen
24-08-2006, 15:31
Apart from being really (really!) basic, the BT client in this router appears to have a bug causing it to drop all connections regularly, only to start over a few seconds later, connecting to peers. Files still get downloaded (sometimes), but it takes a lot longer than it has to.

I wish it was possible to monitor the amount of bandwidth being used by the built-in services. On top of this it would be really nice to be able to limit bandwidth per service. I know this is supposed to be possible using the 'Bandwidth management' menu, but honestly, limiting the ports used by BT one port at the time is just stupid. Does anyone know of an easier way of doing this?

/Lars Ole

Lyf
26-08-2006, 10:29
Apart from being really (really!) basic, the BT client in this router appears to have a bug causing it to drop all connections regularly, only to start over a few seconds later, connecting to peers. Files still get downloaded (sometimes), but it takes a lot longer than it has to.

Yes I noticed that as well, top speed is excellent, but this
is really annoying.

Apart from that, it does not accept some torrents, without
telling why.
The 2 GB problem is not quite fixed, in some cases it stops
at 200MB from a 2,5 GB torrent (containing multiple files)
I really wonder if Asus tests their firmware at all.
Lyf

nitzer
27-08-2006, 10:29
I have so many issues with the BT. I have all the last versions of firmware (1.0.4.2) and Utility (1700). For example :

1) If I copy a folder of a complete season of a serie on the HDD of the WL-700gE in the incomplete folder (7.2Gb) it is showing me in Download Master 4GB/7.2Gb and the status stays queued. It should show at least 7.2Gb/7.2Gb or in the best case it should move all the files in the complete folder.

2) Then of course I have the same problem as mentionned in a previous post, when it's starting to download a torrent I get a fast speed for some seconds and then I get status queued for some seconds or even minutes and then it's starting to download again for some seconds... I tried the same torrent with azureus and it's downloading without any interruption.

3) After a while of using the WL-700gE BT, I can also notice that when I want to browse on internet with Firefox or Explorer the speed of loading the pages is significantly slowing down and I need to reboot the Gateway.

4) When I reboot the WL-700gE, all BT files need to be downloaded again. No resume is done by the system...

Conclusion : Asus need really to improve their BT client asap. For now I still use azureus with my MAC which is a lot more efficient... :D