PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Installing ipkg fails before even trying

zainka
18-05-2006, 15:20
I am trying to install Cups server on wl500g and have somhow succeded in this, but I seem to have lost the configuration after a reboot even after i have done flashfs save, flashfs commit, and flashfs enable. Is there something more I should have done. Prehaps updated som script which runs right after boot to start up cups server? How aboute Samba which is needed for making the printers available from windows clients? does it also need to be included in the same script (if any) ?

Thanks in advance

Ahh one more thing, when downloading large packages like samba (15MB). It took quite a long time to download and install, meanwhile the putty window shows no progress, is there somehow possible to know how far system has come with download so you atleast know there is some progress and the system isnt dead?

Thanks again

Vidar(Z)

zainka
25-05-2006, 21:32
Aboute samba

Installing samba fails

[admin@(none) root]$ ipkg install samba
Installing samba (3.0.14a-1) to root...
Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/wl500g/samba_3.0.14a-1_mipsel.ipk
xsystem: ERROR: Child process died due to signal 2: `wget --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-EvbLGf http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/wl500g/samba_3.0.14a-1_mipsel.ipk'
Nothing to be done
An error ocurred, return value: 22.
Collected errors:
Failed to download samba. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?
[admin@(none) root]$

Any clue?

ega2002
26-05-2006, 07:42
Aboute samba
Installing samba fails

Failed to download samba. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?

Any clue?

The answer is in your question: you need to run 'ipkg update'

mururoa
26-05-2006, 08:20
"sometimes" the wl500g repository for packages is just empty.
I saw that myself at least once.
Have a look at http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/wl500g and see if the package is there or not.
If it's empty come back an hour later.
If the version changed then yes the previous post was right.

zainka
26-05-2006, 08:57
Thanks for replay both of you.

According to "ipkg update" this was done prior to installation, it youst dont shows on my putty output attachment. I also checked prior to update that the package was available at server. However, I realised that samba offcourse already was available in the Oleg firmware but not enabled, so I beleive the reason for the samba install failed has something to do with this fact. I should have been doing an upgrade in stead of an install, but bt my opinion should ipkg have warned me aboute this and not tried to install at all.

However, I have enabled the samba included in firmware, and it seems to be up and running but I cant find the server from any client (windows). But I remember I have read something aboute this behavior somewhere but cant remember where. (ideas?)

One thought thou, which has nothing to do with sambe in particular but with setting yup an ftp server using the same shared folder as samba does, or atleast a sub folder in samba shared folder, so that I can access it from everywhere. Is this possible? or should I set up an VPN connection?

Best regards
Vidar (Z)

starbright
27-10-2006, 07:46
... but I seem to have lost the configuration after a reboot even after i have done flashfs save, flashfs commit, and flashfs enable. Is there something more I should have done. ...
Vidar(Z)

Same for me (lost changes after reboot) with WL-HDD. Any help available!