PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Mysql

MHz
11-05-2006, 15:54
Hello,

Is it possible to run MYSQL on the wl500gx? If yes how?

I'm using the latest firmware from oleg, and I have followed the th\ttpd webserver tutorial and the perl tutorial from macsat. The webserver is running fine.

By The Way, thanks Oleg for making this Firmware. It is much better then the stock. My compliments

Styno
12-05-2006, 08:25
PcExpert: When are you going to learn how to use the search option of this forum?

MHz
12-05-2006, 09:02
I HAVE already searched the forums, but I didn't get a good result. So, can you please give me the link to that forum?

MHz
12-05-2006, 11:52
By the way, I read somewhere that you can typ in"ipkg install mysql" is that true? Thanks

Styno
12-05-2006, 12:54
I HAVE already searched the forums, but I didn't get a good result. So, can you please give me the link to that forum?
Click on 'Search' in the menu and type 'mysql'. You'll get a list with all posts containing MySQL. The third result is a 'good result' and so are a few others.

By the way, I read somewhere that you can typ in"ipkg install mysql" is that true? ThanksTry it and find out.

MHz
12-05-2006, 15:21
Hello,

I get this error when I run ipkg install mysql

/opt/bin/mysql_install_db: 151: /bin/hostname: not found
WARNING: The host '' could not be looked up with resolveip.
This probably means that your libc libraries are not 100 % compatible
with this binary MySQL version. The MySQL daemon, mysqld, should work
normally with the exception that host name resolving will not work.
This means that you should use IP addresses instead of hostnames
when specifying MySQL privileges !
chown: unknown user name: root
Installing all prepared tables
Bad system call

Can somebody explain me what I'm doing wrong? Styno already said that the first post was the 'good' one. So I read that, and they said something about an hostname or something. What do I have to do to solve this?

Thanks

oleo
15-05-2006, 06:37
MySQL has problems with uClibc an it will not work unless Firmware is upgraded!

MHz
15-05-2006, 11:10
So..I have to upgrade my firmware, but to what?

Styno
15-05-2006, 13:05
Other topics about MySQL (the ones you've read allready ofcourse) mention Debian.