PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Inaccessible links

diclidophora
18-06-2004, 17:06
Hi folks I am new here.

I have an Asus 500g router which I have been trying to set up as a LAN initially. After trying the 138g card I have abondoned it because of inadequate reception, even tho I increased the strength of the Tx on the 500g. The 138g was only 1 room away.

I bought a couple of dongles which are working well and connect on the radio network every time with a good signal strength (minimum 60%). My difficluty is not now with the radio link, but with the Windows 2K professional LAN. Computer A can connect with B, but B will not connect with A, even tho it sees A on the network. I get - B is not accessible. Network path not found. I have tried manually assigning IP addresses and doing it automatically. In fact tried almostverything. Occasionally the 2 computers will talk to each other, but after the next boot, I am likely to get the problem again. I wonder if there might be a conflict between the settings on the 500g and those on the hardware of the clients. It isn't anything obvious like channel no. because I have checked that.

Any hints gratefully received.

DC

diclidophora
20-06-2004, 10:23
Answered my own pproblem, but it might be useful for others to know.

As indicated the problem was not with the radio link, but in the windows 2k software. I had assumed that when windows was installed, so was all the stuff necessary to operate the LAN. Wrong. When I installed all the bits necessary under 'printers and sharing' it all worked OK.

DC