PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : another dead router?

elektronaut
05-05-2006, 21:29
Hi everybody,

I tried to set up my ASUS WL-500gx (Oleg's FW 1.9.2.7-6b) in client mode. Somehow it didn't work and in the end I couldn't ping the ASUS anymore, even not by LAN cable. So I reset it, but still no ping possible. So I switched it off, pushed the reset button and plugged in the power plug again. Now the power LED was blinking. I only have LINUX on my notebook and Windows in VMWare. (Bridged network connection on eth0.) So I executed the ASUS device discovery tool in Windows, but it didn't find anything. The firmware recovery tool apparently worked, the status bars were moving as supposed and the LAN LED on the ASUS was blinking. But still the ASUS doesn't respond to any ping command with a fixed ip, nor dhcp request. The power and WLAN LEDs are lit, and the LAN LED is blinking slowly. I read in some thread about the possibility of grounding some pin on some chip, but didn't really get it. I'm not really an electronics guy.
Is there somebody with an advice?

Oleg
06-05-2006, 13:46
Reset it to defaults using a button. If this does not help flash clear-nvram firmware.

elektronaut
06-05-2006, 20:17
Thank you for your answer, Oleg! Another reset did the job. I was just puzzled because I tried it before without success. May be it needed the standard firmware before.