PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : usb modem on wl500g?!!

jimmy
15-06-2004, 19:00
one silly question: anyone knows if is possible to connect an usb modem to wl500g and work via analog dialup throu the router?
i know it doenst make much sense, but itīs the only internet service i can get?

Dex
16-06-2004, 15:40
Hello Jimmy,

Linux supports usb modems that are conform to the USB Communication Device Class Abstract Control Model by the ACM module. Anywhere in the internet there should be a compatibility list with supported modems. I have compiled the ACM module for the WL500g and it works successfully with the ELSA Microlink 56K USB Modem. Currently I' am working on the dial on process (pppd with chat). But to use an USB modem comfortable with the WL500g some scripts (eg rc.wan) and the web page for the WAN configuration must be enlarged with the feature PPP over USB Modem. Because I' am not an Linux expert I have to read many manuals for this work and therefore it goes very slow. Any help is welcome.

jimmy
17-06-2004, 17:36
can you give me a hinton where can i find some imformation about :confused: this???

wirelesswan
23-06-2004, 01:00
I'm also trying to make my USB 1xRTT cell phone work as a modem with the WL500g. It would be great to share the 256K with a LAN and WLAN. It would also make a a great emergency or short term hotspot. :cool:

My Sanyo 8100 cell phone does conform to the Linux usb modem standard, but it seems like I need a missing module called acm.o to make it work.
I've been able to get it working under linux on my laptop using the instructions at http://lukewarm.homelinux.net/scp8100/. There is also some more generic Linux usb modem information at http://www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/x332.html.

Here's a syslog of my failed attempt on the WL500g:
Jun 22 16:43:39 user.info klogd: hub.c: new USB device 00:04.0-1.3, assigned address 7
Jun 22 16:43:39 user.warn klogd: usb.c: USB device 7 (vend/prod 0x474/0x701) is not claimed by any active driver.
Jun 22 22:43:41 daemon.info FTP server: daemon is started

~ # insmod acm
insmod: acm.o: no module by that name found.

PPP support already exists, so I think just a module is needed to recognize the USB modem.

I also have a Zoom USB 3090 v.92 modem that I could test if someone would be so kind as to compile the module, or give me a push in the right direction.

Thanks

wirelesswan
01-07-2004, 09:19
I think the module we need is ACM.o
acm.c in the source for OpenWRTG, but it doesn't look like it's compiled into a module. I'd love to get my 1xRTT cellphone working. It's a bit laggy, but I get nearly 200K with my phone, and it would be nice to share that with the LAN/WLAN when the Cable goes down.

Dex
05-07-2004, 20:51
Hello wirelesswan,
please see attached the desired module acm.o compiled for the wl500g :). This module works successfully with an ELSA microlink modem. The attachement also includes a terminal program compiled for the wl500g (microcom), useful for testing the module and modem;).
Dex

wirelesswan
07-07-2004, 00:55
Dex,
I did some more digging.
The acm.o file seems be a zip archive of a couple of minicom files. The path inside the zip reference a directory called /home/knoppix/Desktop/ACM.

Could something have gotten mixed up when you posted? :confused:

Thanks.

Dex
07-07-2004, 19:16
wirelesswan,
sorry & mea culpa. Please check the new attached zip file.

Dex

wirelesswan
14-07-2004, 16:54
Dex,
Thanks again.
ACM.o worked like a charm. It found both my Sprint phone, and another USB modem. Connecting to the internet works when I fire up microcom and type ATDTxxxxxxx then quit microcom and start pppd by hand. It seems like most linux dialup setups use a little program called "chat" to process chat scripts that will take care of things like dialing, checking for the CONNECT string, re-dialing on hangup, and handing control off to pppd at the right time. Since the pppd in the ASUS distribution was probably designed for just pppoe, the chat executable is missing. I'm looking for the source for chat, but that would seem like the last piece of the puzzle.

Dex
14-07-2004, 23:03
Hi wirelesswan,

I have already compiled the chat program (see the attachment) and used it with the pppd daemon. But always the chat program has established the modem connection to the ISP and switch back to the pppd the modem hangs up immediately. I don't know the reason for this behaviour at the moment. If you try the chat program please report your experience. I am interested to know whether you can observe this behaviour too. This may be helps to encircle the problem.
Good luck

Nenik
04-08-2004, 22:13
BTW: I have managed stable pppd connection both over usb->serial and GSM phone using GPRS and over acm and EVDO phone using fast data CDMA450 network in Czech Republic.
I've compiled kernel modules and chat myself though and debugged connection scripts on a notebook first .
I can share details if you wish.

Antiloop
04-08-2004, 22:58
BTW: I have managed stable pppd connection both over usb->serial and GSM phone using GPRS and over acm and EVDO phone using fast data CDMA450 network in Czech Republic.
I've compiled kernel modules and chat myself though and debugged connection scripts on a notebook first .
I can share details if you wish.

nenik.. please attach them as a zip or rar file here!

Nenik
05-08-2004, 08:44
nenik.. please attach them as a zip or rar file here!

I'd rather attach a tar.bz2, but OK, I'm able to create zip ;-)

So here it goes.
It is structuted as overlay to be clear where the files belong to.
Modules are there, chat is there and also pppd scripts both for EVDO over acm CDMA450 modem and gprs over prolific usb->serial and GSM.

For EVDO, you need to change username in evdo and username and password in chap_secrets. For GPRS, you probably only need to update APN in gprs_chat.

I'm currently starting it manually (telnet in, pppd call evdo),
as GPRS lasts forever and I have CDMA for testing only till friday anyway.

Note that currently you have to load modules manually before starting pppd. Also, no problem uploading the files just to ramfs, but you need to update paths then.

Nenik
06-08-2004, 17:43
NAT was not working correctly for me with provided configuration. After loooong analysis (involving drawing tons of IP headers and manually verifying checksums) I found that demasqueraded packets comming back to LAN were having (consistently) wrong IP header checksum.
After another long round of trials and errors, I've realized that using different options for PPP stack "fixes" this problem. It seems to me that there is some bug in the ppp kernel code, but I can't spot it.
Anyway, here I'm providing different pppd script that makes my Asus correctly NAT outgoing traffic over EVDO modem.

Use the /etc/ppp/peers/evdo instead of the same file provided in the previous bundle. Of course you need to put your username here.
If you touch anything else than the user name (and location of the chat binary and script), don't complain it doesn't work.

Other people work on modification of the configuration web interface....

Nenik
06-08-2004, 20:22
OK, one more note: I have modified /etc/ppp/options (I had to modify it some time ago to make everything working with GPRS, and I have already forgot about it.

My current options file contains this:
lcp-echo-failure 3
lcp-echo-interval 20
noauth
noaccomp

I hope now it's all to make it working also for the rest of the world...

Technik
06-08-2004, 22:16
A good job, Nenik! Thanks for your effort! :)

rexster
14-08-2005, 01:42
so it works...

may i ask please make a detailed step-by-step guide on how to make this works?
for newbie sakes or at least for my slow brain...
:p

detailed things like, where do i put those file i download from here?
is it upload using ftp or what?
where to put username/passwd?
how to dial? etc...

btw.
since it's not so big, why not put all these into the firmware?
so we all can easily set it up

tia.

drwormy
27-08-2005, 04:51
This thread and others here were very helpful for me to get a wl500g conected to the internet with a USB modem (through ISDN, but principle is exactly the same for analogue dialup modem). I wrote a little howto as i went, basically in case i had to start again. I thought the community might like it also. Please let me know if there are any errors, as sometimes its easy to fix a problem and not document it.

ASUS wl500g USB modem howto.

After trawling through the forums at wl500g.info and asking questions, I eventually succeeded to get my wl500g connected to the internet with a USB modem via openwrt.
In my case the USB modem was a Telstra NT1 PlusII ISDN modem, and my wl500g was actually a Mitsubishi Electric R100 (Mitsubishi rebrands them; they are the same thing, I opened up and checked). I assume things are pretty similar with some of the wl500g hacked firmwares - not sure about package support, which is why im using openwrt.

This assumes you know your way around linux, and the wl-500g. IF you dont, play a little with it. If you can get WPA working (by following one of the various HOW-TOs) then you get this to work too. Most of the info i obtained from:

http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=510&highlight=usb+modem

On to it then!

Install openwrt via bootwait (remember to use the brcm versions). I used squashfs because thats what ive always used.

Be sure do a

mtd erase nvram
reboot

to get the system clean of the previous firmware, and thus we can start from scratch. IF you know what your doing then this isnt neccessary.

Install packages from whiterussian packages:

ipkg install .....

kmod-usb-core
kmod-usb-ohci
kmod-usb-uhci

And also

kmod-usb-acm

usb-acm one wasnt a whiterussian - i found it via google; at openSplot (http://ipkg.hotsplots.de/openSplot/ipkg/). It provides acm.o: I found one compiled (again via google) for a wl-500g hacked firmware (oleg's Wl500g-1.9.2.7-6b.trx) and tested this all out first. For some reason it failed on dependancy check, so the -force-depends option was required.

Anyway, now i have this:

root@OpenWrt:/lib/modules/2.4.30# ls
acm.o ppp_async.o pppox.o usb-ohci.o wlcompat.o
diag.o ppp_generic.o slhc.o usbcore.o
et.o pppoe.o uhci.o wl.o

make a file called 60-acm in /etc/modules.d with the line "acm" in it:

root@OpenWrt:/etc/modules.d# cat /etc/modules.d/60-acm
acm

I also noticed that in /etc/modules.d the file 60-usb-ohci had "ohci" in it, when really it should have been "usb-ohci" to match the module file name in /lib/modules/2.4.30. So i changed that.

reboot

plug in the modem and look at dmesg:

usb-ohci.c: USB OHCI at membase 0xb8004000, IRQ 2
usb-ohci.c: usb-00:04.0, PCI device 14e4:4715
usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
hub.c: USB hub found
hub.c: 2 ports detected
uhci.c: USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver v1.1
device eth0 entered promiscuous mode
hub.c: new USB device 00:04.0-1, assigned address 2
ttyACM0: USB ACM device

Almost there!!

Now install the microcom (a small terminal emulator) package:

ipkg install microcom_1.02-1_mipsel.ipk

before we can run this to talk to the modem (ie we are looking for AT-OK), we must figure out what device ttyACM0 is - ie it doesnt appear in /dev/usb! The link to it appears to be created as /dev/usb/acm/0

root@OpenWrt:~# microcom -D/dev/usb/acm/0
at
OK

Yeahaa...so it worked. The ~ character gets you a window in microcom to exit.

Now to try PPP, and figure out what Telstra do?

First, install package chat (this is whiterussian package)

And have to run:

insmod slhc.o
insmod ppp_generic.o
insmod ppp_async.o

In the end, these should go into /etc/modules:

root@OpenWrt:~# cat /etc/modules
et
wl
slhc
ppp_generic
ppp_async

Now make up some files:

root@OpenWrt:/etc/ppp# cat chap-secrets
#USERNAME PROVIDER PASSWORD IPADDRESS
yourusername * yourpassword

root@OpenWrt:/etc/ppp# cat pap-secrets
yourusername * yourpassword

root@OpenWrt:/etc/ppp# cat options
debug
lock
auth

root@OpenWrt:/etc/ppp/peers# cat bigpond
lock
/dev/usb/acm/0
persist
noauth
defaultroute
noipdefault
user *yourusername
connect "chat -t 3 -f /etc/ppp/peers/bigpond_chat"
usepeerdns
Note that the default example points chat to /sbin/chat: my chat didnt end up there, and I spent a long time trying to figure this one out.

root@OpenWrt:/etc/ppp/peers# cat bigpond_chat
'' 'AT'
'OK' 'ATZ'
'OK' 'AT Z !Z=9 !T0=0 !T2=10 !T4=1 E0 V1 &D2 &C1'
'OK' 'ATDT*your number'
CONNECT

Note the long AT Z ... init string is specific to my ISDN modem. This would need to be changed if not using the NT1 PlusII.

Now that should be about it! Ahh, but the directory /var/lock doesnt exist: pppd has been failing on this due to the lock option.

mkdir /dev/lock

pppd call bigpond

logread

Jan 1 07:33:05 (none) kern.notice pppd[2180]: pppd 2.4.3 started by root, uid 0
Jan 1 07:33:10 (none) kern.info pppd[2180]: Serial connection established.
Jan 1 07:33:10 (none) kern.debug pppd[2180]: using channel 5
Jan 1 07:33:10 (none) kern.info pppd[2180]: Using interface ppp0
Jan 1 07:33:10 (none) kern.notice pppd[2180]: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/usb/acm/0
Jan 1 07:33:13 (none) kern.notice pppd[2180]: local IP address 144.139.25.211
Jan 1 07:33:13 (none) kern.notice pppd[2180]: remote IP address 139.134.58.250

And the final test:

root@OpenWrt:/etc# ping www.bigpond.com
PING www.bigpond.com (144.135.18.32): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 144.135.18.32: icmp_seq=0 ttl=245 time=86.6 ms
64 bytes from 144.135.18.32: icmp_seq=1 ttl=245 time=87.0 ms

So it works:

root@OpenWrt:/etc/ppp/peers# pppd call bigpond updetach
Serial connection established.
using channel 2
Using interface ppp0
Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/usb/acm/0
Warning - secret file /etc/ppp/pap-secrets has world and/or group access
sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0x2***5466> <pcomp> <accomp>]
rcvd [LCP ConfAck id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0x****5466> <pcomp> <accomp>]
rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x2 <mru 1524> <auth chap MD5> <asyncmap 0x0>]
sent [LCP ConfAck id=0x2 <mru 1524> <auth chap MD5> <asyncmap 0x0>]
rcvd [CHAP Challenge id=0x1 <567d***b>, name = "Dial IP"]
sent [CHAP Response id=0x1 <77f5***>, name = "*******"]
rcvd [CHAP Success id=0x1 "\000"]
CHAP authentication succeeded:
CHAP authentication succeeded
sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 <compress VJ 0f 01> <addr 0.0.0.0> <ms-dns1 0.0.0.0> <ms-dns3 0.0.0.0>]
rcvd [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 <compress VJ 0f 01> <addr xx.250>]
sent [IPCP ConfAck id=0x1 <compress VJ 0f 01> <addr xx250>]
rcvd [IPCP ConfNak id=0x1 <addr 144.xxxxxx> <ms-dns1 203.49.70.20> <ms-dns3 139.134.2.190>]
sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x2 <compress VJ 0f 01> <addr xx51> <ms-dns1 203.xx> <ms-dns3 139.xx>]
rcvd [IPCP ConfAck id=0x2 <compress VJ 0f 01> <addr xx.51> <ms-dns1 xx.20> <ms-dns3 139xx0>]
local IP address 144.***********
remote IP address 139.**********
primary DNS address 203.49.70.20
secondary DNS address 139.134.2.190

Test out a ping:

root@OpenWrt:/etc/ppp/peers# ping 66.249.89.99
PING 66.249.89.99 (66.249.89.99): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 66.249.89.99: icmp_seq=0 ttl=241 time=228.7 ms
64 bytes from 66.249.89.99: icmp_seq=1 ttl=241 time=235.8 ms

Unfortunately DNS isnt working (ie ping www.google.com didnt work), nor is routing via the wireless interface.

Kill the pppd connection:

killall pppd

After some help in forum.openwrt.org (thanks EnderWiggen) i found the solutions. Turned out to be trivial.

It seems pppd writes the dns obtained to /etc/ppp/resolv.conf, whereas the system looks to /etc/resolv.conf. On my system /etc/resolv.conf points to /tmp/resolv.conf (ie in the ram area), but i dont remember if i set it that way or if thats how it comes. This gets a little confusing now. Either way we have to make symlinks from /etc/ppp/resolv.conf and /etc/resolv.conf to /tmp/resolv.conf

If the files exist and are linked to /rom/... delete them (rm /etc/resolv.conf) and create the symlink

root@OpenWrt:/etc# ln -s /tmp/resolv.conf resolv.conf

in both /etc and /etc/ppp

Now there are two ways to skin this cat: the manual way by adding the routes:

iptables -A FORWARD -i br0 -o ppp0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE

This will be lost on reboot. Another way is to tell the wl-500g that the ppp interface is the connection out to the internet. This is fine if this is always the case (for me it is until i can get ADSL again)

nvram set wan_ifname=ppp0
nvram commit
reboot

And that should be it.

You can now run pppd manually, or we can cleanup a few things.

To /etc/init.d/S10boot add the line:

mkdir /var/lock

(ie if you get the read only error, remember to delete the symlink and copy the file back from ROM)

Now make pppd start up automatically and maintain a permanent connection to the internet, add the last line to inittab. Make sure you really want to do this – it may get expensive if, like me, pppd made 400 calls in one day. Didn’t bother me, as calls to the ISDN modem line are free:

root@OpenWrt:/etc# cat inittab
::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS
::shutdown:/sbin/halt
tts/0::askfirst:/bin/ash --login
::respawn:/usr/sbin/pppd call bigpond nodetach

Now reboot and make sure the connection fires up automatically.

A few possible bugs ive noticed:

If the modem is disconnected from the USB port in a particular way (I think if pppd is still running) then when it is plugged back in it may be assigned /dev/usb/acm/1 and thus you wont be able to dial it. Easy way around this is to instruct family member how to power cycle the wl500g.

Sancho
20-09-2005, 23:15
...but I have a problem.
I get everything to work according to your guide, but:
- I use pppd from Oleg's firmware (and so I use the chat program). Probably because of this the pppd asks for scripts in the /tmp/ppp directory.
- the GPRS config file has a wrong name of the chat file (the config asks for gprs_chat and the filename is gprs-connect-chat) - costed me a fortune of time to find out this tiny thing :D
- everytime I try to connect to the internet using pppd call gprs nodetach I get following result:

OK

OK

OK
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet"
OKSerial connection established.
using channel 3
Using interface ppp0
Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/usb/tts/0
sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0x226a0382> <pcomp>]
LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests
Connection terminated.
Receive serial link is not 8-bit clean:
Problem: all had bit 7 set to 0
and the syslog contains a lot of lines with

Jan 3 10:21:56 kernel: pl2303.c: pl2303_read_int_callback - usb_submit_urb failed with result -22
The phone seems to freeze and after the error message I get a phone restart.

Can you give me some advice where to search for some solution?
Thanx in advance.

tommytamsen
07-11-2005, 13:56
I'm trying to connect a Nokia 7610 to my wl500g router via a DKU-2 USB cable, so I can recieve SMS messages.
Unfortunately it seems that acm.o wont recognize the phone so ttyACM0 wont get loaded/initialized.
The Nokia 7610 has USB vend/prod 0x421/0x411.
I've tried with a bootable Knoppix CD (3.9). There the phone work fine and get recognized as /dev/ttyACM0. Then I tried microcom and there were no problems communicating with the phone.
Is it because acm.o needs updating with a vendor/prod list or can I "force" Linux to recognize the phone with the acm.o module?

BTW: Running on firmware 1.9.2.7-6b with a USB-harddisk mounted as /opt. Also tried to "insmod usbserial" before loading acm.o with the same result...

Here are some input/output from the router:

Shell:
[xxx /opt/microcom]$ insmod /opt/microcom/acm.o
Using /opt/microcom/acm.o

Syslog:
usb.c: registered new driver acm
acm.c: v0.21:USB Abstract Control Model driver for USB modems and ISDN adapters
hub.c: new USB device 00:04.0-1.2, assigned address 7
usb.c: USB device 7 (vend/prod 0x421/0x411) is not claimed by any active driver.

Shell:
[xxx /opt/microcom]$ lsmod
Module Size Used by
acm 6380 0 (unused)
usb-storage 62144 3
sd_mod 13268 6
scsi_mod 70176 2 [usb-storage sd_mod]
audio 50120 0 (unused)
soundcore 5280 0 [audio]
printer 12652 0 (unused)
lp 8628 0
parport_splink 2956 1
parport 25664 1 [lp parport_splink]
usb-ohci 21764 0 (unused)
usbcore 77224 1 [acm usb-storage audio printer usb-ohci]
wl 420904 0 (unused)
et 34912 0 (unused)

[xxx /opt/microcom]$ cat /proc/bus/usb/drivers
usbdevfs
hub
0- 15: usblp
audio
usb-storage
acm

[xxx /opt/microcom]$ cat /proc/bus/usb/devices
T: Bus=01 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#= 1 Spd=12 MxCh= 2
B: Alloc= 11/900 us ( 1%), #Int= 1, #Iso= 0
D: Ver= 1.10 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0000 ProdID=0000 Rev= 0.00
S: Product=USB OHCI Root Hub
S: SerialNumber=b8004000
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=40 MxPwr= 0mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 2 Ivl=255ms
T: Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 2 Spd=12 MxCh= 4
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=04b4 ProdID=6560 Rev= 0.09
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=e0 MxPwr=100mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 1 Ivl=255ms
T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=02 Port=01 Cnt=01 Dev#= 7 Spd=12 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0421 ProdID=0411 Rev= 0.00
S: Manufacturer=Nokia
S: Product=Nokia 7610
S: SerialNumber=0123456789
C:* #Ifs= 7 Cfg#= 1 Atr=c0 MxPwr= 30mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 0 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=08 Prot=00 Driver=(none)
I: If#= 1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 0 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=0b Prot=00 Driver=(none)
I: If#= 2 Alt= 0 #EPs= 0 Cls=0a(data ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=(none)
I: If#= 2 Alt= 1 #EPs= 2 Cls=0a(data ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=(none)
E: Ad=82(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 64 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=03(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 64 Ivl=0ms
I: If#= 3 Alt= 0 #EPs= 0 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=0b Prot=00 Driver=(none)
I: If#= 4 Alt= 0 #EPs= 0 Cls=0a(data ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=(none)
I: If#= 4 Alt= 1 #EPs= 2 Cls=0a(data ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=(none)
E: Ad=87(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 64 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=08(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 64 Ivl=0ms
I: If#= 5 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=02 Prot=01 Driver=(none)
E: Ad=84(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 8 Ivl=128ms
I: If#= 6 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=0a(data ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=(none)
E: Ad=8c(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 64 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=09(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 64 Ivl=0ms
T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=02 Port=02 Cnt=02 Dev#= 4 Spd=1.5 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 1.10 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=10cf ProdID=5500 Rev= 0.00
S: Manufacturer=Velleman
S: Product=USB K8055
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=100mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=03(HID ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=(none)
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 8 Ivl=10ms
E: Ad=01(O) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 8 Ivl=10ms
T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=02 Port=03 Cnt=03 Dev#= 5 Spd=12 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=067b ProdID=2507 Rev= 1.00
S: Manufacturer=Prolific Technology Inc.
S: Product=Mass Storage Device
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=c0 MxPwr=100mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=08(stor.) Sub=06 Prot=50 Driver=usb-storage
E: Ad=01(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 64 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=82(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 64 Ivl=0ms

mangoo
03-03-2006, 11:38
I was wondering if anyone succeeded in doing ISDN-dialin?

What I mean, to dial in to the ASUS box with USB ISDN-modem from another PC with ISDN card (as a way to reach the remote router via a telephone line if the network connection doesn't work).

mangoo
28-11-2006, 21:24
I was wondering if anyone succeeded in doing ISDN-dialin?

What I mean, to dial in to the ASUS box with USB ISDN-modem from another PC with ISDN card (as a way to reach the remote router via a telephone line if the network connection doesn't work).

I described setting up ISDN dialin and dialout here: http://wpkg.org/index.php/Configuring_ISDN_%28dialin%2C_dialout%29_from_comm and_line

The instructions are generic, can be used on any Linux system, including our ASUS boxes.