PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : ipkg implementation; small read-write partition

Veri
12-06-2004, 12:19
(well that sucks, just wrote a big post and lost it; must-paste-to-emacs-more-often)

Anyway, is anyone working on integrating ipkg? If not, I'd be interested in helping build a system which allows me to do one/both of:

(1) Standard use of ipkg on the router filesystem, probably requiring external USB storage since squashfs is read-only.

(2) Running ipkg on the *host* doing all work on a special directory, so a filesystem can be prepared before a script is run to build a trx.

The basic key is ipkg-ising all components, including hopefully the base. This should also make it easier for others to build stuff in a standard way, as such magic would be described in the ipkg/rules file (http://www.handhelds.org:8080/wiki/BuildingIpkgs) for each package.

I'm not sure I'd want to go the OpenWRT route of starting off by throwing away the manufacturer GUI (hats off to them for their work btw), but instead just repackage it, so most users would ipkg install asus-gui or whatever. A proper init system would be good though.

This would require adding a small jffs partition for configuration files to the main flash - how feasible is this?

Oleg
12-06-2004, 14:39
64k only left in the flash. it's accessible via /dev/mtd/4 and /dev/mtdblock/4