PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : I2C bus on WL-500gx - where to find?

Sanvean
16-02-2006, 22:23
Hi, all!

Two years ago I have completed a project, that connects an HD44780 LCD to PC via I2C bus. Software was written for Windows and FreeBSD. Today I have purchased WL-500gx and I wish to implement my project for this beast. Howewer, I do not know how to connect to I2C bus. Where can I solder two wires to get SDA and SCL lines? Is there any I2C driver? How can I talk to I2C bus on this platform?

Thank you!

edw
23-03-2006, 20:21
Howewer, I do not know how to connect to I2C bus. Where can I solder two wires to get SDA and SCL lines? Is there any I2C driver? How can I talk to I2C bus on this platform?

AFAIK there are three unused port pins on Broadcom CPU. Maybe you can use those? I just don't know how to access them though ...

Oleg
23-03-2006, 20:25
Hi, all!

Two years ago I have completed a project, that connects an HD44780 LCD to PC via I2C bus. Software was written for Windows and FreeBSD. Today I have purchased WL-500gx and I wish to implement my project for this beast. Howewer, I do not know how to connect to I2C bus. Where can I solder two wires to get SDA and SCL lines? Is there any I2C driver? How can I talk to I2C bus on this platform?

Thank you!
The cpu does not have i2c controller, but it has unused gpio lines, which are wired to header. Check internals.

Sanvean
28-03-2006, 10:55
Thank you for answers,

I already have ported i2c-gpio kernel driver from OpenWRT. Module successfully loads, creates appropriate devices on /dev fs, but it does not see any i2c devices. I need to check all signal timings -- it's a question of time.

Duke
03-05-2006, 08:01
Great idea! Have you any progress?