PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : FW 1.9.2.7-4 Printing problems

sLoDkI
31-01-2006, 16:05
Hi all,
a few weeks ago I bought wl500gd box. When I've configured it and get everything to work (HP PSC1410 and Samsung 80GB on Welland Mobito FE-740 usb no-fan box) i decided to swich to Oleg's fw. The reasons: samba, ssh, and lots of other linux stuff.
Some things I've noticed after upgrade (and lot of time spend on diffrent configurations):
- Printer hang up - it is available on www gui, running on box:
ps -a:
lpd
p9100d -f /dev/usb/lp0 0
but when i try to print from linux: it costs lot of time.. and finally shows printer status: paused. On router, printer has no tasks.
A few days ago (on the same config. and fw) it was printing.. but from accepting print on linux to start printing on printer it takes about 5min ! (every job). Now nothing's happen :( (or time to print increased to inf. :P)
From window$ was the same.. lot of time from pushing the button in e.g. Acrobat to print on printer.. and finally today nothing's happen :(
On local computers everything is well-configured, but something's wrong between my cups and lprserver on the router.. and i can't find the solution.

Please help,
regards Jakub

Oleg
31-01-2006, 17:16
Try using RAW (Socket) printing mode.
Perhaps your printer needs a firmware to be loaded before it could print anything...

sLoDkI
31-01-2006, 21:11
Try using RAW (Socket) printing mode.

Thanks for reply.. but it's exacly the same as previous. With a small difference (depends on different logic of raw printing) - window$ after few minutes shows "printing error" and it's possible to delete failed tasks (in the previous mode - not).

I'm confused, 'cause it prints a while ago.. but now - not. Hardware is ok, on usb connection - prints immediatelly (both: on linux and window$).

It's like a printing job is going somewhere but not to the LPRServer :) A few days ago it finally reached to the LPRServer .. but after such a long time.. (about 5 minutes !).

It's strange.. but together we would find a solution. I hope so.

Regards and special thx to the Oleg for it's version of FW :) Very good job!

sLoDkI
05-02-2006, 00:04
Now it starts printing again (after few restarts of asus box and printer). But still i have to wait few minutes before router send task to printer and it starts printing.
I gues it's the firmware problem in this revision. I'll wait for the next version and test again.. we'll see.

Regards,
Jakub