PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Password won't work!

sjdigital
21-01-2006, 00:59
Having nothing better to do, out of curiosity I just tried to do a firmware upgrade to Oleg's 1.9.2.7 (yes, I know, I should have left well enough alone!) - DISASTER!!

The upgrade wouldn't work, so I used the firmware restore utility to go back to ASUS 1.2.3.4 This seemed to go OK, but then when I tried to get into the configuration menu, my password wouldn't work. So I tried using 'admin' and that wouldn't work either. In both cases I was using 'admin' as the user name.

So I connected the device direct to my PC and tried to do another firmware restore but that failed as it couldn't find a "wireless device in recovery mode".

So I tried to do a factory default reset by holding the reset button for some 30 seconds. The device rebooted, but once again I couldn't get it to accept the 'admin' password, nor previous one that I had changed to.

So I'm stuck! I can't access the configuration menu, and while I can ftp into the device and all my files are still there, it can't be accessed as a shared folder on the network.

What to do??? HELP!!!!

Antiloop
21-01-2006, 01:18
just reset a few times.. eventual hold the button for a shorter time or longer..

sjdigital
21-01-2006, 01:40
Thanks, Antiloop. In fact I've been fiddling with the reset button since I posted my plea for help and it finally worked. Interestingly, it still had Oleg's firmware even though I thought it had restored to ASUS 1.2.3.4 so I was able to have a look at what it offered and decided that there wasn't anything that really made any difference to how I use the device so I'm back with ASUS 1.2.3.9

But many thanks for your very prompt reply - much appreciated.