PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Can't create partitions

sjdigital
07-01-2006, 00:22
I want to set up two partitions to give me ftp access to Part 1 only and have music files on Part 2 which needs to be shared on my network without passwords, etc. But when I use the Disk Tool, specifying the size of Part 1 (37 GB) and Part 2 (20 GB), while the screen shows that both Parts are being formatted, when I reboot I still have a single Partition 1 of 57 GB.

I'm using ASUS firmware 1.2.3.9, set to factory defaults.

Any suggestions, anyone?

sjdigital
07-01-2006, 12:14
Some further analysis shows that while the WL-HDD configuration menu doesn't show that there are two partitions, when I use Windows explorer to find the device it shows that the two partitions have in fact been created. However, I can't seem to set user permissions for Part 1: I've added a user name and password, but when I try to access the partion in Windows explorer in the log in window the user name is fixed at 'Guest' and there is no provision for changing it to the name I set up in the configuration menu.

Any ideas, anyone?

Ade
07-01-2006, 17:09
You need to use the "Map Network Drive" from an explorer window.
There's an option to "Connect using a different user name".
Mapping users to various drives always seems to be a hit and miss affair. Mostly miss. :confused:

sjdigital
07-01-2006, 18:13
Thanks for this suggestion. I had already mapped the drives but I went back into the forum and dug up an old post about how to configure partitions for ftp and that has at least solved the problem of free access to the partitions via my network while still giving me password protected ftp access to my data partition.

But I still can't get the Disk Tool to show the partitions that are in fact there. It still shows only one partition - Part 1 - with all 57 GB instead of the 37 GB that it actually has, and it doesn't show a Part 2 at all, even though it exists with 20 GB and is currently having my mp3 collection copied to it!