PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : HELP! Cannot get AP mode working

snodge
16-05-2004, 08:02
Hi folks,

I'm really struggling to get a wireless PC onto my existing LAN and would really appreciate some help.

Starting at the modem end, I have an SMC Barricade ADSL/single port router which feeds into a Belkin 5 port switch. One port of the switch connects a PC in the same room, a second port extends this wired LAN into another room on the floor below, connecting to the WAN port on the WL-500g. The LAN1 port of the WL-500g connects to a PC next to it (I'm writing this post on it now). These two wired LAN PCs are working perfectly. The WL-500g is working in AP mode - I don't need routing or firewall etc as these functions are provided by the Barricade.

My problems start when trying to connect a PC to the LAN by wireless means. This third PC has a WL-138g wireless adaptor fitted. It is connecting to the WL-500g happily enough and the signal strength is excellent, but it is simply not being assigned an IP address by the Barricade, in fact, it doesn't appear to be seeing anything on the WAN side of the wireless router.

Clearly I'm missing something fundemental here, perhaps someone could point it out please?

Many thanks
Tim

Antiloop
16-05-2004, 12:28
try a linksys card instead or asus wl100g pcmcia card please.

try to assign a static ip for the wl138g, see if you can reach your internal network

and check if you are using WEP/WPA or something

and post your findings here..

i also urge you to read the FAQ, as your are not mentioning which firmwares you are running...

pbo42
16-05-2004, 20:58
(...)connecting to the WAN port on the WL-500g. The LAN1 port of the WL-500g connects to a PC next to it (I'm writing this post on it now).(...)

Do you get the same effect when connecting to LAN2 etc. instead of the WAN-port?

Peter