PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Firmware v1.7.5.6 CR3 [Oleg]

Oleg
10-05-2004, 11:49
Find downloadable files here:
Firmware 1.7.5.6CR3 (http://files.wl500g.info/asus/wl500g/firmware/customized/1.7.5.6-3/wl500g-1.7.5.6-3.zip)
Rootfs (http://files.wl500g.info/asus/wl500g/firmware/customized/1.7.5.6-3/wl500g-1.7.5.6-3-root.tar.bz2)
Sources (http://files.wl500g.info/asus/wl500g/firmware/customized/1.7.5.6-3/wl500g-1.7.5.6-3.tar.bz2)
Kernel Patch (http://files.wl500g.info/asus/wl500g/firmware/customized/1.7.5.6-3/wl500g-1.7.5.6-3-kernel.patch.gz)

New custom firmware (http://wl500g.dyndns.org/wl500g-1.7.5.6-3.zip) and accompanying sources (http://wl500g.dyndns.org/wl500g-1.7.5.6-3.tar.bz2) (10 MBytes) for building it, root (http://wl500g.dyndns.org/wl500g-1.7.5.6-3-root.tar.bz2) if you need this and the kernel patch (http://wl500g.dyndns.org/wl500g-1.7.5.6-3-kernel.patch.gz).

Differences with 1.7.5.6-2

Updated pwc (Philips webcams) kernel module to 8.12 version
Update ov511 kernel module to 1.65 version
Fixed errors in the ASUS modified printer.o to resolve problems with kernel oopses when printer is connected to the wl500g (thanks to ebakke for testing)
Fixed DynDNS wildcard support - thanks for Death
Replaced ntpclient with latest version & linked with uclibc, changed web interface appropriately. You can now specify symbolic (domain) name for the NTP server. But please note, what there is a feature/bug in the current firmware which is prevents pppoe/pptp autoconnect when symbolic name used.
Added an ability to change Administator name (based on files submited by Technik)
Fixed typos in rc.dnsmasq which prevents DNS & WINS servers to be sent to the clients (thanks to mdounin for findings)
Added experimental client mode support (thanks to Technik for testing) - see Wireless page for current values. Please note what these stuff are only partially tested. In the client mode physical WAN port and WLAN roles are exchanged (i.e. WAN port becomes either LAN or DMZ depending on your settings). Please also note, what currently you can't change the operation mode using web interface! Instead you should change it using nvram commands:

# turn on sta mode (0 = ap, 1 = sta, 2 = wet)
nvram set 13_x_ClientMode=1
# If you need IBSS (Ad-hoc) mode add this also (0 = bss, 1 = ibss)
nvram set 13_x_IBSS=1
# commit settings
nvram commit
# reboot
reboot

Enabled log rotation, so your logs should not be bigger than 200K.
Changed firewall scripts. Telnet & ssh are no longer added to default firewall rules for the WAN access. You should instead use bootCmds for this in the way like this:

# start ssh
nvram set bootCmd0=/init/rc.sshd
# disable access to ftp from the WAN side (replace ppp0 with your WAN iface)
nvram set bootCmd1="echo \"iptables -D INPUT -i ppp0 -p tcp --syn --dport 21 -j ACCEPT\" >> /var/tmp/pppoe_rule2"
# enable to access to ssh server
nvram set bootCmd2="echo \"iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --syn --dport 22 -j ACCEPT\" >> /var/tmp/pppoe_rule2"
# execute iptables script
nvram set bootCmd3=/var/tmp/pppoe_rule2

Flashed rootfs is now squash fs (the resultant image is now smaller than official firmwares)
Added access to 64k "config" partition in the flash (/dev/mtblock/4, /dev/mtd/4) for storing anything you need (use mtdutil for write/erase)
Busybox: added vi, tar, gzip, gunzip applets
Added ether-wake utility for wake-on-lan functinality

Antiloop
10-05-2004, 12:40
nice nice :)
thx again!

i'll upload those tonight as i'm @ work as usual

btw

Added an ability to change Administator name (based on files submited by Technik)
that's the script i made(altered from passwordscript) :D just check the title of that page..

copycat
10-05-2004, 16:55
w00t that is one kickass update! sooo many new features.. lets see if my webcam sphere works!

Update: first time I had to use the firmware restore, router menu didn't come up after flash. Restored with version 3, no problems since. Logitech webcam sphere now works like a charm!

r3dbull
10-05-2004, 17:09
Finally my WLAN works for more than 10 minutes :).

faethon
10-05-2004, 19:27
Went from ASUS 1.7.5.6 to this CR3 version. Now printing on my Canon i320 works perfectly, while previously it would not. Up till now router is stable, no strange quirks found.

Good job!! :)

oCe
10-05-2004, 20:16
Ok, maybe a stupid question: am I supposed to see '1.7.5.6 CR3' as fiirmware version in the web-setup? And see version 8.12 in the webcam-driver option? I still see 1.7.5.6 as a version, still see 8.8 as webcam-driver version, but I do have a working telnet now. Don't see 'Oleg' anywhere, if it even is there. I've flashed through/with the web-setup, that's it; do I need to do something else / different? (I did reboot the device)

Oleg
10-05-2004, 21:07
Ok, maybe a stupid question: am I supposed to see '1.7.5.6 CR3' as fiirmware version in the web-setup? And see version 8.12 in the webcam-driver option? I still see 1.7.5.6 as a version, still see 8.8 as webcam-driver version, but I do have a working telnet now. Don't see 'Oleg' anywhere, if it even is there. I've flashed through/with the web-setup, that's it; do I need to do something else / different? (I did reboot the device)
It's like a stealth. :) Driver version, showed in the web iface has nothing common with real version. :)

oCe
10-05-2004, 21:14
It's like a stealth. :) Driver version, showed in the web iface has nothing common with real version. :)

Ok thanks for your answer. Isn't it an idea to change the driver-version a bit, so it's easier to identify that your firmware is succesfully flashed in the WL-500g? And is it possible to update the visual side of the router, so it displays the correct version number of the driver for example?

Maybe not the correct place, but I have a request / problem: only picture-based mode of the webcam seems to work through WAN, the active-x streaming webcam function does not work through WAN. Both work perfectly on LAN. I'd like to watch streaming webcam from WAN (e.g. from work), also because streaming is in colour and preview is not. Second, is it possible to make the view-webcam-page non-password protected? So I could link to my router from my website, for webcam-viewers?

Furthermore, my compliments and much respect for the work you are doing. Keep it up!

copycat
10-05-2004, 21:18
oCe, when I connect to port 7777 on the external IP I get a sort of data-stream with a lot of characters and symbols, it seems like explorer doesn't know what type of stream it is. Do you have the same problem? I have my webcam port on the original 7777 and access from the outside with http://external.ip:7777

oCe
10-05-2004, 21:21
oCe, when I connect to port 7777 on the external IP I get a sort of data-stream with a lot of characters and symbols, it seems like explorer doesn't know what type of stream it is. Do you have the same problem? I have my webcam port on the original 7777 and access from the outside with http://external.ip:7777

Exactly the same problem I have. I have this from WAN and LAN, but if i go to the webcam-page in the web-setup from LAN I can view that stream (which opens that data-stream) through the active-x object from that page. From WAN that simply does not work.

Antiloop
11-05-2004, 00:17
try this for your webcam: use port 80 for WAN websetup, test it again

if it works i'll try to fix a workaround

Technik
11-05-2004, 01:43
nice nice :)
that's the script i made(altered from passwordscript) :D just check the title of that page..
Yess! No changes made to preserve your copyright ;) Just the index page updated with additional sections as you adviced in some older thread. So any credits should definitely go to you... :)

Oleg, thanks a lot for so many useful firmware updates! A really GOOD work again! :)

oCe
11-05-2004, 09:44
try this for your webcam: use port 80 for WAN websetup, test it again

if it works i'll try to fix a workaround

No succes. It does, however, is able to load the active-x script when the websetup is set to port 80. This doesn't work when the websetup is configured to port 3000 for exemple. (tried other too) So that's a start; but then it still gives me the 'cannot connect to server'. (port 7777 as it it standard, acces from WAN enabled)

Update; set the router back to it's 'original' websetup-port which I use and suddenly I can open the Active-X object from that port aswell; even after cleaning my IE-cache etc. But still Asus Netcam displays 'cannot connect to server' after starting the Active-X object. Weird.

Update2; from LAN I can go to my.router:7777 (in IE) and I get that text-datafeed, from WAN that doesn't work anymore either. Enable acces from WAN is YES, all firewall settings are disabled at the moment... any suggestions?

Update3; I've started an FTP-server on port 7777 on my pc, which has DMZ enabled and from WAN, the connection on 7777 goes directly to that PC! Not to the router, so that's why it can't connect to the webcam-feed from WAN... Hmmm... gonna try disable DMZ, see if that works...

Update4; it works!!! When I disabled DMZ I could open the webcam-feed from WAN again and now I have a streaming webcam-image; which displays my rabbit at home, finally in colour and reasonably smooth! So I'm going to do a lot of manual port-mappings.

So, my new question: the webcam images/feed is quite big and uncompressed; any way to add some sort of compression to the feed? So we could have an even smoother webcam image?

Antiloop
11-05-2004, 11:24
----bladiebladielba----
Update4; it works!!! When I disabled DMZ I could open the webcam-feed from WAN again and now I have a streaming webcam-image; which displays my rabbit at home, finally in colour and reasonably smooth! So I'm going to do a lot of manual port-mappings.

So, my new question: the webcam images/feed is quite big and uncompressed; any way to add some sort of compression to the feed? So we could have an even smoother webcam image?

ok.. out of your post, i can't find how it exactly works for you

which port are you using for wan access etc..
and what about the manual port-mappings ?

oCe
11-05-2004, 11:31
ok.. out of your post, i can't find how it exactly works for you

which port are you using for wan access etc..
and what about the manual port-mappings ?

To get it working:

* disable DMZ (this was the reason it did not work at my place!)
* enable webcam acces from WAN, I used port 7777
* enable websetup from WAN, I used port 17005

finished... that works, no need for port-mappings for the webcam. then just go to ip:17005, click on usb, click on webcam, click on preview. et voila, webcam, streaming, in colour.

I did portmappings for rdp, ident-server, web-server etc to my server-pc at home, which first was dealt with by DMZ. (easier)

still, I need to logon to the websetup, no anonymous webcam-viewing as of yet and no compression, unfortunately.

Antiloop
11-05-2004, 11:33
To get it work:

* disable DMZ (this was the reason it did not work at my place!)
* enable webcam acces from WAN, I used port 7777
* enable websetup from WAN, I used port 17005

finished... that works, no need for port-mappings for the webcam. I did portmappings for rdp, ident-server, web-server etc to my server-pc at home, which first was dealt with by DMZ. (easier)

still, I need to logon to the websetup, no anonymous webcam-viewing as of yet and no compression, unfortunately.
could you confirm that this is working from another PC and another Connection too ?

oCe
11-05-2004, 11:39
I can connect to my webcam from all pc's here at work (over 4 tested) without problems AND *trommelgeroffel* (=dutch, sorry) I have the webcam working from my webserver! Anonymous!!!

Please, don't hammer, but feel free to try and copy the code (ripped from the router): http://oce.homeip.net/external.html (might take a while to load the 'Bunny Online TM'-webcam' though.

The webserver runs on my server-pc at home, the active-x object runs on that webserver too (ripped from the wl-500g) and it connect STATICLY to my router (ip manually entered at every possible location in the html/script) to open the webcam-feed on the router. So basicly, the only thing the page opens from the router is the webcam-feed from port 7777, which is available to anyone.

(perhaps I can explain better in dutch, feel free to mail to oce at home dot nl)

-update; corrected a case-sensetive type-error in de html-page, should work correctly now :) My girlfriend tested it aswell, at her work; works like a charm :)

Antiloop
11-05-2004, 13:27
I can connect to my webcam from all pc's here at work (over 4 tested) without problems AND *trommelgeroffel* (=dutch, sorry) I have the webcam working from my webserver! Anonymous!!!

Please, don't hammer, but feel free to try and copy the code (ripped from the router): http://oce.homeip.net/external.html (might take a while to load the 'Bunny Online TM'-webcam' though.

The webserver runs on my server-pc at home, the active-x object runs on that webserver too (ripped from the wl-500g) and it connect STATICLY to my router (ip manually entered at every possible location in the html/script) to open the webcam-feed on the router. So basicly, the only thing the page opens from the router is the webcam-feed from port 7777, which is available to anyone.

(perhaps I can explain better in dutch, feel free to mail to oce at home dot nl)

-update; corrected a case-sensetive type-error in de html-page, should work correctly now :) My girlfriend tested it aswell, at her work; works like a charm :)
nice, i'll try this at home. all ports except port 80 are blocked here..

oCe
11-05-2004, 13:29
nice, i'll try this at home. all ports except port 80 are blocked here..

ok, let me know if it works for you too; should work, tried several pc's / locations now; all work fine. (do not forget to allow active-x objects to be run) anyway, maybe this webcam-stuff should be moved to another topic? it's kinda offtopic now, since this is about 1.7.5.6CR3 :) (which performs like charm so far!)

i've shutdown my pc, but editted the html-page for streaming public anonymous webcam-viewing to be smaller; http://members.home.nl/oce/bunnycam/new.html you can see the result. (my rabbit on the webcam, might be hard to see at night though)

will post code / link to .cab if you can't find it in the .html and some explanation if required :)

jimmy
11-05-2004, 16:16
sorry for my ignorance, but how do i patch the kernel on my 500g router or where can i get this information?
thanks

oCe
11-05-2004, 16:18
download the firmware, download links you can find in the beginning of this thread/topic, go to the websetup from your router. open the firmware-update tab, browse to the file you've downloaded (and unpacked/unzipped if needed), click upload/update, wait and finish! :)

jimmy
11-05-2004, 16:27
thnks oCe, but i was trying to ask another thing, sorry.
Maybe i put this way, is the Firmware v.1.7.5.6 CR3 [Oleg] include the last kernel patch avaiable for download ?

oCe
11-05-2004, 16:29
thnks oCe, but i was trying to ask another thing, sorry.
Maybe i put this way, is the Firmware v.1.7.5.6 CR3 [Oleg] include the last kernel patch avaiable for download ?

Sorry, I misunderstood your question, I thought you meant firmware, me bad ;) Can't help you with this question.

bernd
11-05-2004, 20:12
Oleg, thanks a lot for the last firmware update! A really prof work , my Quickcam Pro 4000 works now on LAN and WAN.
best regards
bernd

mr_prof
12-05-2004, 16:15
Oleg, You are the King!

With this firmware, the wake-on-lan is working :)
Maybe need some user friendly menu for wol (select MAC,and WakeUp)
I'm not a Linux man, my knowledge is windows only, and I can just click ;)

other:
1. I have Chicony Twinklecam Pro Webcam with OV518+ chipset, and doesn't work. I check http://alpha.dyndns.org/ov511/cameras.html and http://alpha.dyndns.org/ov511/download.html#d518 . Your driver is good for it, but... I don't know..

2. PPPOE Relay: When I make a dialup PPPOE connection in XP, I can to connect to ISP via router and other user can use to NAT simultaneously????
When yes, it doesn't work.

Tibor

PS.:
evening details: Jan 1 01:00:23 WL500g user.warn klogd: usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x5a9/0xa518) is not claimed by any active driver.
Jan 1 01:00:34 WL500g user.warn klogd: ov511.c: Compression required with OV518...enabling
Jan 1 01:00:35 WL500g user.err klogd: ov511.c: No decompressor available

WHY????

Jan 1 00:00:31 WL500g daemon.err pppoe[609]: retryloopindex=1
Jan 1 00:00:31 WL500g daemon.err pppoe-relay[259]: PADO packet from 00:0d:66:73:50:1c on interface eth1 does not have Relay-Session-Id tag
Jan 1 00:00:32 WL500g daemon.notice pppd[317]: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/pts/0
Jan 1 00:00:32 WL500g daemon.err pppoe-relay[259]: PADS packet from 00:0d:66:73:50:1c on interface eth1 does not have Relay-Session-Id tag

Antiloop
13-05-2004, 01:34
Added experimental client mode support (thanks to Technik for testing) - see Wireless page for current values. Please note what these stuff are only partially tested. In the client mode physical WAN port and WLAN roles are exchanged (i.e. WAN port becomes either LAN or DMZ depending on your settings). Please also note, what currently you can't change the operation mode using web interface! Instead you should change it using nvram commands:
Code:
# turn on sta mode (0 = ap, 1 = sta, 2 = wet)
nvram set 13_x_ClientMode=1
# If you need IBSS (Ad-hoc) mode add this also (0 = bss, 1 = ibss)
nvram set 13_x_IBSS=1
# commit settings
nvram commit
# reboot
reboot

ok i've been testing this, it works when i let it connect to my wl300 which uses wep128

when letting connecting it to another wl500g in wpa-psk aes mode it doesn't work anymore..

wl status gives this.. (should be good?!)
SSID: "AAPg"
Mode: Managed RSSI: -60 dBm noise: -94 dBm Channel: 11
BSSID: 00:0C:6E:9A:A9:AA Capability: ESS WEP ShortSlot
Supported Rates: [ 1(b) 2(b) 5.5(b) 6 9 11(b) 12 18 24 36 48 54 ]

ifconfig gives some errors at eth2:
eth2 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:0E:A6:9F:05:B5
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:511 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:1892
TX packets:0 errors:31 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
RX bytes:57743 (56.3 KiB) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
Interrupt:6 Base address:0x2000

and it seems that NAS is doing the aes job.. but i don't know which commands too feed to nas...

Oleg
13-05-2004, 07:29
ok i've been testing this, it works when i let it connect to my wl300 which uses wep128

when letting connecting it to another wl500g in wpa-psk aes mode it doesn't work anymore..

wl status gives this.. (should be good?!)
SSID: "AAPg"
Mode: Managed RSSI: -60 dBm noise: -94 dBm Channel: 11
BSSID: 00:0C:6E:9A:A9:AA Capability: ESS WEP ShortSlot
Supported Rates: [ 1(b) 2(b) 5.5(b) 6 9 11(b) 12 18 24 36 48 54 ]

Seems, your wl-500g is not in client mode now at least "Mode: Managed, Capability: ESS" looks like AP mode. But in other hand RSSI/noise has meaningfull values, just like in client mode. So, check the nvram settings for wl0_mode.

Antiloop
13-05-2004, 08:18
Seems, your wl-500g is not in client mode now at least "Mode: Managed, Capability: ESS" looks like AP mode. But in other hand RSSI/noise has meaningfull values, just like in client mode. So, check the nvram settings for wl0_mode.

it looked to me also as AP mode, when hooking up as client to wl300 it gave the same results (i thought i was doing something wrong..) also rc.sta is running i believe it only runs when in client mode.

i have to confirm the wl0_mode value later this evening (this evening the other wl500g goes to it's new owner :( )

but it just looks like the AES/TKIP mode is not established. But the other wl500g shows it up as an associated station in it's list.

Oleg
13-05-2004, 11:48
2. PPPOE Relay: When I make a dialup PPPOE connection in XP, I can to connect to ISP via router and other user can use to NAT simultaneously????
When yes, it doesn't work.

???

evening details: Jan 1 01:00:23 WL500g user.warn klogd: usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x5a9/0xa518) is not claimed by any active driver.
Jan 1 01:00:34 WL500g user.warn klogd: ov511.c: Compression required with OV518...enabling
Jan 1 01:00:35 WL500g user.err klogd: ov511.c: No decompressor available

Decompressors are not compiled into the kernel, I will try to add them.

bramfm
13-05-2004, 21:30
Oleg,

I am confirming that the Apacer 256MB USB stick now works. Thanks!

Oleg
13-05-2004, 21:46
Oleg,

I am confirming that the Apacer 256MB USB stick now works. Thanks!
I've not done anything special in the firmware. :rolleyes: Have you tried any other firmwares? The only change in the CR3 was disabling USB bandwidth enforcement...

bramfm
14-05-2004, 01:28
I've not done anything special in the firmware. :rolleyes: Have you tried any other firmwares? The only change in the CR3 was disabling USB bandwidth enforcement...

I do not know what you have done, but I think you've got magic fingers ;)
In the previous version CR2 the whole box did not start (!) with the stick inserted, I exchanged the 256MB for a 128MB stick instead.

hwsoft
14-05-2004, 08:53
Hi guys,
I was tried to setup the Asus to client mode. I test three configurations:

eth2 has the IP in range of AP and br0 has private IP
From Asus i ping around the world, from comp which is conected in LAN1 only to internal private IP
eth2 has private IP and br0 has in range of AP
From Asus i ping only to internal IP, from comp which is conected in LAN1 only to internal IP (both)
eth2 hasn't any IP br0 has in range of AP
From Asus i ping around the world, from comp which is conected in LAN1 only to br0 IP

My need to find a way to connect from comp in LAN1 to all internet, but not over the NAT on eth2. Its any way? I don't see any :(.

jycai
16-05-2004, 04:29
I upgraded my firmware to Oleg's v1756.CR3, and my wireless signal strength increased from average 20 Mbps to 40Mbps at the same location :) . This has been the case for over a week of the observation, not that I am complaining, but did any one have the same experience? I have the same setup with the older and newer firmware.

Great job, Oleg.

Deursen
17-05-2004, 08:52
Is the Internet Firewall working properly?
I have to Accept all packets in order to have email and
browser work. (Probably culd also only open some ports).
This was not needed in the original and previous versions.
Am I doing something wrong or is functionality changed?

Antiloop
17-05-2004, 09:05
i think so, turn off firewalling eventually then the firewall should work fine (yes stealthed..)

Deursen
17-05-2004, 10:08
Turn of the firewall? I don't know if I like that option.
I forgot to mention that I have to enable all
WAN to LAN packets. If I turn off firewall then my
network is not protected!? What do you mean with
stealthed?

Oleg
17-05-2004, 10:23
In the "home gateway" mode your LAN is NATed and this means, that wl500g always performs stateful packet inspection in order to forward packet form WAN to LAN. So you can safely turn off the WAN to LAN firewall if you do not need any particular packet filtering.

dizz
17-05-2004, 19:08
hi there :)

first of all thanx to oleg for his great work.

after updating to v.1.7.5.6 CR3 [Oleg]
i get this log message about a hundred times:
ip_conntrack: table full, dropping...

i´m not into linux, but i think it´s related to my filesharing tool, and the number of connections.

is that right?

can anyone tell me HOW MANY connections the asus can do?
(is it possible to adjust this number myself - again, i´m not to much into linux)

thanks for help, guys :)

p.s. is it normal, that my asus hangs-up once a day
i powercycled it (for several minutes) and reflashed with CR3 a second time, but it´s allways the same.
with original v.1.7.5.6 everything was allright.

fraho
18-05-2004, 13:40
Hi,

I read that wol is working with Oleg's newest firmware release. I tried it with dslreports.com but it's the same as always (doesn't work). What am I doing wrong?

Frank

Oleg
18-05-2004, 14:57
You need to manually execute ether-wake from the shell prompt.

fraho
18-05-2004, 16:07
You need to manually execute ether-wake from the shell prompt.

sorry for the stupid question: I want to wake up my PC via Internet. I have turned on the remote management within my wl500g. How do I get the "shell-prompt"? Concerning the wl500g i only know the webinterface or do you mean the shell prompt within the remote OS?

signed
18-05-2004, 16:32
sorry for the stupid question: I want to wake up my PC via Internet. I have turned on the remote management within my wl500g. How do I get the "shell-prompt"? Concerning the wl500g i only know the webinterface or do you mean the shell prompt within the remote OS?

I think he means by using ssh, telnet or webbased admin page : http://my.router/Main_AdmStatus_Content.asp

fraho
18-05-2004, 16:43
I think he means by using ssh, telnet or webbased admin page : http://my.router/Main_AdmStatus_Content.asp

quite interesting, didn't know that AdmStatus. But which command do I have to type in there?

Oleg
18-05-2004, 16:47
Guys, to whom who has opened web access from the WAN side: please note that this VERY DANGEROUS, cause in this case you're sending your credentials (username, password) in CLEAR text. Everyone on the same wire can snoop them and use them to access you router and other security sensitive services. So, PLEASE do not enable web access from the outside and do not to use TELNET from the places which is not trusted (i.e. has public routes to your router).
In short: never use telnet or web management from the WAN side.
The only valid method for accessing you router is the ssh. Download putty and setup everything you ever need, including port frowarding for accessing web interface.
Regards,
Oleg.

fraho
18-05-2004, 17:04
thanks for your warnings oleg, but could you please explain anyway how to send a wakeup-packet via internet to a pc behind the wl500g??

Oleg
18-05-2004, 19:47
Use ssh client to connect to wl500g, then type

ether-wake -i br0 00:11:22:33:44:55

Replace 00:11:22:33:44:55 with your PC MAC address.

fraho
19-05-2004, 09:16
ähm, I tried to ssh my router with putty (from wan-side) but get a network timeout. How do I have to configure putty to get it work?

Oleg
19-05-2004, 11:13
Have you enabled ssh on the wl500g?

fraho
19-05-2004, 12:02
Have you enabled ssh on the wl500g?

No, I thought that comes as default with your customized firmware. How can I enable ssh?

Oleg
19-05-2004, 15:23
Read this (http://wl500g.dyndns.org) page or this thread (http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=227)

mr_prof
19-05-2004, 17:58
Hi !

Oleg, I don't know how to use WinSCP3 with SSH. I read http://wl500g.dyndns.org/ , and folow step-by-step this:
"Dropbear ssh daemon (password only auth, ssh v2) In order to use ssh you will need to perform this steps once:
1. Connect to router using telnet;
2. Generate the DSS key using
/init/rc.sshd
3. If generation was successfull you will need to add /init/rc.sshd to bootCmds using something like
nvram set bootCmdX=/init/rc.sshd
4. Commit the changes using
nvram commit
5. Reboot the router using
reboot"

connect to router with WinSCP3 doesn't work.

2: Sorry, my english is poor, and maybe my last question wasn't clear for you.

I don't understand, what is a PPPOE relay in ASUS ???? Can I create different PPPOE session from pc via router ??? How it work ???

3. Lot of thanks for WOL ;)

Tibor

fabiosantos
20-05-2004, 11:20
Duddes, you guys are so so so so off-topic, Antiloop can't you move it ?

fraho
21-05-2004, 14:56
Read this (http://wl500g.dyndns.org) page or this thread (http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=227)

o.k., It works now within my LAN but unfortunately not from WAN Side (putty gives me a network timeout) As I am behind a firewall with a maybe closed port 22 I tried the tunnel-option within putty but I'm not sure how to configure that. Can anybody help me with that?

Oleg
21-05-2004, 15:29
Read the the first post in current thread entirely. It contains all info regarding how to enable ssh access from the WAN.

mkol5222
28-07-2004, 18:55
Does anyone have mentioned code? ;-) Oce's machine is not online. Would you attach here, please?

oCe
28-07-2004, 21:11
Does anyone have mentioned code? ;-) Oce's machine is not online. Would you attach here, please?

code had been replaced to http://members.home.nl/oce/bunnycam

the active-x and the html are both there (you can do dir-listing), have fun!

oh, my machine sure is online though, just as my wl-500g ;)