PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : PPPOE Relay - does it even work?

mofous
31-10-2005, 11:27
Alright, here's my problem. I've been using the search option, but I can't find a good enough, extensive answer.

I have the WL-500g and a ADSL that uses PPPOE to connect (username, password, dynamic IP). I usually have two or three computers connected via wire or wireless (notebook). Now, what do I have to do EXACTLY to set up the router, so that every single PC will connect to the internet separately? That is, that every PC will be assigned a unique IP number. My provider allows up to three PPPOE connections via the same account.

The 'PPPOE Relay' function doens't seem to do the trick. All the PCs still have the same IP. Do I need to change the router working mode (now Home Gateway)? Something else? Thanks.

mofous
31-10-2005, 13:39
Nobody? :(

WlanMan
05-11-2005, 10:57
Hi

I never tried the relay feature so i dont know if its working after all. But his meaning is to let the computers think they have connected the modem via pppoe separately, like a direkt modem connect. This does NOT mean it establishes more then one connection to your provider. I dont know after all how this should ne possble, you may read your providers documentation. The modem is a bridge to the pppoe acces concentrator, which hosts your or possible more provider endpoints. Itīs new to me that a normal single modem can do more then one connection, thatīs a unusual practise heer.

I think, with one wl500g you need to do some fance stuff with the linux tools yourself to make this work.

Greets

gwl
05-11-2005, 14:39
disable nat, and dhcp server.
here's how:

http interface:
IP Config/DHCP Server : Enable the DHCP Server?=off
internet firewall/Basic Config : Enable Firewall?=no
System Setup/Operation Mode : Access Point

(WARNING: by disabling dhcp server in the router, if you don't get an ip from elsewhere, you will have to set your ip manually in your pc)