PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Port problem(?) Connecting to Synology DiskStation

ChrT
25-10-2005, 19:08
I got a http://www.synology.com/enu/products/diskstation/DS-101g_plus/index.php?page=overview.html]Synology DiskStation DS-101g+ (http://www.synology.com/enu/products/diskstation/DS-101g_plus/index.php?page=overview.html) that can act as an HD in the intranet and also as a FTP-server on the Internet. I'm very pleased but can't get the FTP to work...

In the Intranet I use the IP range 192.168.1.100 - 110, wher the DiskStation got the IP 192.168.1.110. I have enabled FTP Service on port 2111 on the DiskStation (administrator).

But I cant get the connection to work from a computer outside the Intranet to log into the FTP-server at the DiskStation.

I do not know much about port-forwarding... BUT: At my ASUS WL-500G i have used the "Virtual Server" to make a forwarding to the DiskStation webserver. I used:

Port range: 80
Local IP: 192.168.1.110
Protocol: BOTH (TCP, UDP)
Then I can connect to the diskstation thru the ip 213.1xx.xxx.xxx in my webbrowser and I get the homepage...

BUT I CANT GET THE FTP TO WORK :(
- I've tried to do the simular with port 2111 but this doesn't work...

Is there a problem with the Synology DiskStation or do I have to do anything special with the ASUS? I don't know the difference between port trigging and virtual server - Should I use port trigging??

THANKS for any reply!!
Christian

Styno
25-10-2005, 19:40
Normally FTP uses port 21, so if you've disabled the ftp server of the Asus WL-500g you can use virtual server to forward port 21 to port 21 on the Diskstation and it should work.

ChrT
25-10-2005, 20:31
Normally FTP uses port 21, so if you've disabled the ftp server of the Asus WL-500g you can use virtual server to forward port 21 to port 21 on the Diskstation and it should work.

Thanks!
I tried to reset (and change) the FTP port in ASUS and YES(!) it worked! It looks like the Synology DiskStation doesn't like other ports than 21(!) even it have the options to select any other port...

Now I have 2 FTP :-) The ASUS WL-500G accepts other ports so I'm Happy!

ChrT