PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Damaged text files after editing

Roman
19-10-2005, 18:03
Hello everybody,

does someone have a solution/idea for this problem? :

When I edit a text file which is stored on my WL-HDD using notepad, eclipse, ... (it doesn't matter which editor I use) the file is damaged. This means when I open it again, parts of the content are appended after the content. Just like if something had copied a little part an put it after what should be in the file.
I bought this device to store my program files and scripts in a central point while changing my working places from time to time (laptop - desktop) and now this!

I already tried different file systems (like fat, fat32, ext2and3) and different partitions sizes. This problem also occures when I use a usb-stick connected to the WL-HDD.

My WL-HDD is connected via lan-cable with a wireless-dsl-modem-router (long word), wlan ist turned off. I don't think it has to do with the type of connection I use. I also tried a direct connection (PC <-> WL-HDD via lan-cable) but I get the same problem.
The WL-HDD has firmware 1-2-3-4.

Thanks for any efforts!
Roman

Robert10
19-10-2005, 20:02
Hi,

How do you get the file from the WL_HDD to your pc? Do you use FTP, or do you use a Samba share?

Robert

Roman
20-10-2005, 01:09
hmm, I don't know exactly.

(Did I mention that I use XP? But I have the same problem with linux).
I did the following (to get a partition listed as a drive in explorer) :

Started the program "Device Discovery" -> Configure -> in the opening window where the partition are listed I selected one and connected it ("Connect network device").
The drive is listed in explorer and I can access it like a hdd on my computer.

Do you mean the ftp-option in the settings of the WL-HDD ? I did not activate ít.

Any idea?