PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Windows XP freezes randomly

postscriptum
01-05-2004, 20:56
Hi,
Since one week I proudly own a Asus WL-500g AP and a WL-100G wireless adapter. Overall networking and acces to the internet works fine. Unfortunately I have experiences some randomly Windows XP sp1 freezing. I have installed the latest wl-100G driver version 3.30.15.0.

After removing the wl-100G pcmcia card (physically) the system recovers again and a powercycle is necessary to connect it to the network again. Any suggestions to keep my system 'hot' ;)

mastermini
10-11-2004, 10:07
Hi,
Since one week I proudly own a Asus WL-500g AP and a WL-100G wireless adapter. Overall networking and acces to the internet works fine. Unfortunately I have experiences some randomly Windows XP sp1 freezing. I have installed the latest wl-100G driver version 3.30.15.0.

After removing the wl-100G pcmcia card (physically) the system recovers again and a powercycle is necessary to connect it to the network again. Any suggestions to keep my system 'hot' ;)

Hi,
I experienced the same problem but i changed the power output from 100% to 25 % in the asus utillity program. After that xp did not freeze anymore.
I hope this would help for you to.

Donadoni
27-01-2005, 07:00
Iám also facing this anoying problem. Where can i find the power output settings the asus utillity program? :eek:

Pappagallo
05-10-2005, 09:40
I have always had the same problem since I own the wl-100g. XP Freezes completely untill I fysically remove the card.

Re-inserting it after a little while would re-activate the Link again.

I never had to reboot XP to get it working again.

It used to be sort of random within a timeframe of let's say 15-60 minutes. Lately however, I can only get it to work for about 5 minutes max. and I have to wait at least 5 minutes before I can re-insert it to get it working again, and it stops working again within a couple of minutes.

Re-inserting the card earlier will not activate it at all (Link Led will not light).

I suspect it has something to do with the card getting hot ?

I use driver 3.60.7.0.

B.t.w. Power output settings can be found in Windows Device Manager.

As I bought the card in november 2004, I still have time to return the card to claim warranty.

Should I ???