PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Cannot get into restoration mode - please help

Robert10
05-10-2005, 20:28
Hi,

I uploaded the latest Oleg firmware yesterday and configured it. it all worked fine. Today I turn on the WL-Hdd and it won't boot...

The power leds is on, the hdd led flashes for half a second then nothing...
Cannot ping the device, cannot access it.

But worst of all I cannot get it into restoration mode.
If I press the button while connecting the power cable, nothing happens, the power led doesn't start flashing (like it did yesterday when I flashed Oleg's latest) The orange network light is on.

I even started looking for the AMD chip to clear the flash, like mentioned somewhere on this forum, but my device doesn't seem to have an AMD chip, or i cannot recognize it...

Can anyone please help me get my WL-Hdd back to life?

Thanks,

Robert

Oleg
06-10-2005, 09:48
As for FLASH chip - it's labeled with MX logo. The pinout is the same, as AMD flash has.
As for restoration mode: you need to push the button before applying a power and release it once led starts flashing.

Robert10
06-10-2005, 12:48
The problem with restoration is that the led doesn't start flashing when I prees the button before applying power.
Have you ever seen this before?

Can you tell me where pin 1 on the MX chip is?
Do you think it will help if I short pin 10 with the ground, or is my problem of a different kind?

Thank you,

Robert

Oleg
06-10-2005, 13:04
it's labeled with triangle on the PCB and with a dot on the chip itself.

I could not remotely diagnose your problem. Try playing with pin 10...

tha_haze
06-10-2005, 17:49
I tried this myself few weeks ago and I wasn't able to get my WL-HDD with Olegs firm in restauration mode... nothing happens when pushing the button while plugging in the power cable.

Robert10
06-10-2005, 20:34
So, I managed to get the WL-HDD into restoration mode by grounding pin 10.
I uploaded an official Asus 1.2.3.4 firmware using the restoration software.

However, the problem persists. I am still unable to see the device. Getting into restoration mode using the button still doesn;t work.

Do you have any clue what could be wrong with my device, or how to fix it?

Thanks,

Robert

Oleg
11-10-2005, 11:50
You've to flash clearnvram firmware. http://oleg.wl500g.info/wl500g-clear-nvram.trx

Robert10
12-10-2005, 10:06
Hi Oleg,

Thanks you very much. This worked like a charm.
I flashed this clearnvram, and the button started working.
I went into restoration mode again and flashed 1.2.3.4, and now the device is working fine again.

You have been a great help, owe you one!

Robert