PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : 1.9.2.7-6b and macsat tut on wlhdd

ebk71
01-10-2005, 09:11
After 2 days of trying I need HELP!
(well, in time more over.....) :p
Installed latest Oleg FW 1.9.2.7-6b, works fine, no problem.
But then I got to the macsat tutorials. If it comes to the tut about samba, samba quits on me. As I understand, when FW is installed, samba will use /tmp/harddisk as mount, after macsat tut it will be /opt.

With the macsat tut I can't get samba running, well it seems if it's started, but I can't get to my shares I put in smb.conf from my explorer (XP).

The macsat tut explains about configuring samba without the webpage, if I do that it also don't work.

So is there a order in doing things, do I have to leave something, samba off in webpage? 1 partition, 2 partitions?

I tried so many things, I now see this is not working:
chmod 755 /opt/etc/init.d/S97Samba

After reboot samba is not started, if I start manual it works.....

Thanks in advance

ebk71
01-10-2005, 11:25
I added smbd -d and nmbd -d to post-boot,
so now samba is running and I can access share$.
But the other shares I made are not shown in explorer.
Under MS windows network, my workgroup, I see my wlhdd, but still with 2 shares which I made directly after installing firmware, these aren't accesible of course because after that I formatted again, and then followed macsat tut.

ebk71
01-10-2005, 12:33
It seems /opt/etc/samba/smb.conf is not used but instead:
/etc/smb.conf

Can this behaviour be changed or did it go wrong elsewhere?

There's was a wrong line in my post-boot, after changing this and adding nmbd to my
S97samba my shares are visible. In Macsat tut. nmbd is not mentioned but is required:"nmbd handles NetBIOS name service requests and network browsing functions".
Now it's time to get torrent working flawlessly.