PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : two pppoe connections over single WL-500g

uzi
30-09-2005, 22:28
hi there,

i have a problem with my ISP which i'm trying to solve. i want to connect two computers with my ISP using PPPOE (or VPN) connection type (two accounts, one per computer). is this possible? so far i used NAT (worked fine) to connect second computer to the internet, but i'm trying to change that (there is a good reason)...

so far one connection (PPPOE or VPN, on XP) is working fine. when i try to connect the other computer (win2kpro), second connection (it gets connected!) is quite unstable (gets disconected every couple of minutes, bps is ~100bps); at the same time first connection (XP) is quite stable.

if i reverse the experiment and try to connect second computer (win2kpro) first - it works quite stable until i connect first computer (XP). then it's starting to act exactly as in previous experiment, while XP computer works fine.

i tried all combination of PPPOE and VPN on both computers. nothing helps.
i use raspppoe098B for pppoe on win2kpro computer.

i talked to a friend about this, he mentioned something about "slave mode" and "client mode" operation, said that i should set the my AP to a "client mode" before i could use it to connect second computer. how do i do that?

best regards,
aleksandar

Oleg
03-10-2005, 10:16
You need to use pppoe on the wl500g, not on the PC.

uzi
04-10-2005, 03:06
You need to use pppoe on the wl500g, not on the PC.

let me check if i got this right. it is not possible to connect two pppoe connections from PC over single wl500g?

if i decide to use pppoe on the wl500g, where do i type two usernames and two passwords?

edit: and what about vpn connections?

Styno
04-10-2005, 08:34
edit: and what about vpn connections?The router does not support vpn-endpoints (only vpn passthrough) by default. But some users have added vpn optware to the router, so that would be possible.

http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=1448

Oleg
04-10-2005, 08:53
let me check if i got this right. it is not possible to connect two pppoe connections from PC over single wl500g?

if i decide to use pppoe on the wl500g, where do i type two usernames and two passwords?

ok, sorry. yes, this is not supported.