PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : [WAN] how secure is webcam(or router) access from wan?

xlephant
24-04-2004, 17:05
hi guys,

is it possible to connect to the webcam plug-in from wan(from my place it is not), if "Enable Log for Access from WAN" is disabled? and if not how secure(against e.g. bruteforce etc) is it when i have to enable it. assumed that i chose a password were letters, numbers and other signs are mixed(length 12 characters)?

is it possible to arrange two different passwords(maybe by console, how to?)? but much better would it be to change also the username(s)!

running olegs custom fw: 1.7.5.6.2 (thx for that)

oCe
24-04-2004, 21:11
Can you connect to your webcam from WAN at all then? Works here, but only in the 'preview' JPEG-piciture mode, can't connect to the streaming ActiveX-script from WAN; which works perfectly fron LAN...

xlephant
25-04-2004, 08:15
sure it works(with activex), but unfortunately only with the user "admin" and passwort "xxx". that is a big fuck-up. can't it be so difficulte to create two differnt user?

oCe
25-04-2004, 10:23
Which firmware and settings do you have? 'cause I'm unable to get the webcam to work through ActiveX over WAN.

Don't know about those multiple-user logon, don't think it's possible from default though. Just a possibility to view the webcam without logon would be great.

xlephant
25-04-2004, 11:18
i run oleg 1.7.5.6.2
with not very special settings, the only thing to set is that you must have enable the Web Access from WAN for the router. it unfortunalty only works with the admin pw, but anyways...