PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : new setting for FTP

atomic
14-08-2005, 11:31
hello,
i look for a new firmware because, the current firmware has a very bad FTP mode, and i can't know who is using my FTP (there is not log files) and i can't fix the speed download
(i'm talking about FTP over internet)

does anybody know if this firmware exist?

macsat
15-08-2005, 07:29
Take a look at www.macsat.com for a tutorial I have written about installing vsftpd as an alternative to the build-in ftp server.

atomic
15-08-2005, 10:46
i don't understand, i have installed " Firmware version 1.9.2.7-4" in order to install "ipkg package system", but after installing the new firmware the login/password has changed!!!!
the former login/password was admin/admin and i NEVER changed it. does the new firmware put a new default login/password????

what can i do???

ps:thx macsat for links

[i have solve my problem :) ]

atomic
15-08-2005, 12:05
macsat, i have passed to install your "vsftpd" (thx) but where can i find a tutorial to learn how to use it? how to create a account?

salat
14-12-2005, 18:25
edit the passwd under /etc/
add users by:

user:*:1001:1001:ftp:/put/adress/here:/bin/sh

user is name of the user, the comes the rights, then the where the ftpfolder is (i have jailed the users to this folder). The star will be where the password comes when you type "passwd user" after editing the file. Hope this helps you making users.. Not easy to do heavy duty configs on the ftpserver, but its enough as your not going to get any races against a max 10mbit anyway :)
Remeber to flashfs save, commit etc

Salat