PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Losing ip settings

tsb4k
12-08-2005, 04:00
I'm using the asus 1.2.3.4 firmware and occasionally when I boot up the wl-hdd, the ip and dhcp settings revert to their defaults. Has anyone else had this problem? It's a bit of a nuisance when it happens while I'm driving and streaming music off of it.

Reflex
12-08-2005, 19:32
there is at least one thread about it...
Oleg means that the bootloader sometimes thinks there is a problem and switches to the default configuration...(i also experienced this, if i interrupt the boot process - but its long time ago, since i connect first the power suply and then the device the problem never occured)

Martin1802
15-08-2005, 10:01
Hi tsb4k

yes I do have the same problems sometimes ... sometimes all settings are reset back to default, sometimes it happens if ...

... wlhdd is not shutdown properly

... wlhdd sometimes gets problems with usbmedia (memory stick, ext. usbhd, card reader) if media is not proper unmounted

I think bootloader thinks config is not quit ok and resets to default values :-(

I tried to make a special fw with my custom settings but could not get it work ... no more experiments now, because I don't want to make a useless brick out of my wlhdd ;-)

Is there a way to modify the firmware bin, creating custom settings inside?

Thanks
Martin