PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Problem getting my ASUS to be seen on wireless network.

Alexz
03-08-2005, 03:58
This may be obvious to many of you here, but I hope you can give me some advice. I have created a wireless network with my SMC router, but I can't get the Wl-hdd to be seen on this network - I have set the SSIDs in the router settings and in the ASUS config to be the same....DHCP is enabled in the router settings....but no go. I've tried the ASUS device discovery utility but it does not find it. If I hook up the WL-HDD directly to the router, it finds it. Also, at work I use a wireless card on my laptop and then I can browse the ASUS drive from the laptop wirelessly....any thoughts on why I can't see the ASUS drive on the network when I am using the wireless network from the SMC router? (No firewall is enabled either through software or through the router. )

Thanks.

Antiloop
03-08-2005, 08:59
This may be obvious to many of you here, but I hope you can give me some advice. I have created a wireless network with my SMC router, but I can't get the Wl-hdd to be seen on this network - I have set the SSIDs in the router settings and in the ASUS config to be the same....DHCP is enabled in the router settings....but no go. I've tried the ASUS device discovery utility but it does not find it. If I hook up the WL-HDD directly to the router, it finds it. Also, at work I use a wireless card on my laptop and then I can browse the ASUS drive from the laptop wirelessly....any thoughts on why I can't see the ASUS drive on the network when I am using the wireless network from the SMC router? (No firewall is enabled either through software or through the router. )

Thanks.
only 1 wireless network can be accessed at a time
this way the 2 devices will interferer with eachother

you should consider using a WDS Hybrid connection

sjdigital
03-08-2005, 11:17
Does your router have any wireless security enabled that might be causing the problem such as MAC control access, or WEP? Also you need to switch off MAC control access on the WL-HDD.