PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : [WEBCAM] "Couldn't connect to server" - WL-500g with Terracam USB PRO

Krocus
20-04-2004, 18:35
Hello there,

I need a little (o maybe more) help on the following topic:

I've got a Terrtec Terracam USB PRO attached to my Asus WL-500g. The green status LED of the camera is on.

I've configured my router the way that seems to me the right one (see picture).

But if I'm trying to get a picture from my camera, the error messages "couldn't connect to server" pops up (see picture again).

The camera is working if atteched directly to my computer. The green status LED is on. Oh yes, router firmware is 1.7.5.6.

Thank you very much

Krocus

Krocus
20-04-2004, 20:28
Looking through the other webcam related posts it seems to me I'm not the only one have the problem described above.

Diverent cameras, same error. Any clue?

Thanks

Krocus

Krocus
24-04-2004, 17:19
Mh,

nobody an answer to that one?

Okay, the other way around: Anybody out there, who got a similar setup up and running?

Thanks in advance

Krocus

rej
24-04-2004, 17:50
My Logitech webcam results in the same error message, and reading arround also seems to indicate that my webcam is not supported.

As for your webcam, it seems like there may be two versions out there, with two different chipsets. Maybe yours is not an OV511 based webcam?

BR,
René

Antiloop
25-04-2004, 03:02
probably your camera is just NOT supported at the moment..

you should also have a look at www.smcc.demon.nl

note: pwc 8.6 is the current driver for the wl500g.

narcis
26-04-2004, 14:11
I have the same webcam, and it is not working. Same (dis)functionality as described above.

Krocus
02-05-2004, 12:09
Hello there,

I called the Asus "support" hotline a few days ago. Nobody there's ever heard about "my" problem. They weren't able to provide a solution by phone. So I left my email address and they promised me to send me an answer.

Nothing happend so far...

Anybody else tried the hotline?

Krocus

Krocus
07-11-2004, 16:57
Hi,

long weekend, back on that topic. Short summery of my doings since my last posting here:

1.) Never heard again form the "so called" Asus Support. :mad:

2.) Upgraded from 1.7.5.6 to 1.8.1.9. There is a change now: There will no longer be the "Can't connect to server"-error but instead I can see - and know I quote from http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=63&page=2&pp=15 - garbage. It seems to be exactly the same problem.

3.) I tried that link again:

probably your camera is just NOT supported at the moment..

you should also have a look at www.smcc.demon.nl

note: pwc 8.6 is the current driver for the wl500g.

Sadly it won't work anymore.

Any (new) ideas?

Thank you very much

Krocus

Antiloop
07-11-2004, 17:32
Hi,

long weekend, back on that topic. Short summery of my doings since my last posting here:

1.) Never heard again form the "so called" Asus Support. :mad:

2.) Upgraded from 1.7.5.6 to 1.8.1.9. There is a change now: There will no longer be the "Can't connect to server"-error but instead I can see - and know I quote from http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=63&page=2&pp=15 - garbage. It seems to be exactly the same problem.

3.) I tried that link again:

Sadly it won't work anymore.

Any (new) ideas?

Thank you very much

Krocus

do you ALWAYS see the garbage? i see this to, but this is caused (at my place) due the fact that the image was requested at time of writing causing an imcomplete/garbage image

and please try the activex component.. you are able to turn that one on.. (it works @ my place with sp2)

Krocus
07-11-2004, 17:49
Hi Antiloop,

thanks for the quick reply.

do you ALWAYS see the garbage? i see this to, but this is caused (at my place) due the fact that the image was requested at time of writing causing an imcomplete/garbage image

Always, yes. By clicking on "Preview" in the "USB Application - Web Camera"-dialog. All refreshes (automatic and manual) shows diferent nicely colored garbage-pics. :cool:

and please try the activex component.. you are able to turn that one on.. (it works @ my place with sp2)

I think I do already you the activex component. Here are my settings:

Enable Web Camera: LAN only
Web Camera Mode: ActiveX and Refresh
Web Camera Driver: OV511 2.10
Image Size: 320x240
Sense Level: Medium
Refresh Time: 1s
Caption String: Web Camera Live Demo!!!
HTTP Port 7776
ActiveX Port 7777

So how to avoid those "timing problems"? Slow The "Refresh Time"? Maybe I did not get your point exactly?

Thanks again

Krocus

Antiloop
07-11-2004, 23:27
Hi Antiloop,

thanks for the quick reply.

Always, yes. By clicking on "Preview" in the "USB Application - Web Camera"-dialog. All refreshes (automatic and manual) shows diferent nicely colored garbage-pics. :cool:

I think I do already you the activex component. Here are my settings:

Enable Web Camera: LAN only
Web Camera Mode: ActiveX and Refresh
Web Camera Driver: OV511 2.10
Image Size: 320x240
Sense Level: Medium
Refresh Time: 1s
Caption String: Web Camera Live Demo!!!
HTTP Port 7776
ActiveX Port 7777

So how to avoid those "timing problems"? Slow The "Refresh Time"? Maybe I did not get your point exactly?

Thanks again

Krocus

well I didn't state anything as possible solution, the timing is done in the firmware itself afaik: refresh time is for the webpage only

and you have to grant access every time for the activeX component because it is also not signed, as long as you don't get that it isn't in use

Krocus
08-11-2004, 10:21
well I didn't state anything as possible solution, the timing is done in the firmware itself afaik: refresh time is for the webpage only

Do you mean the router-firmware or the camera-firmware? Maybe I'm lacking some technical understanding:

[...] the image was requested at time of writing [...]

Which writing are you talking about? Do you mean there is maybe a picture still in writing when the camera gets the next request?

and you have to grant access every time for the activeX component because it is also not signed, as long as you don't get that it isn't in use

If I use the IE I'm asked only once every time I follow the "Preview"-link. If I grant access to the activeX component the displayed image contains that garbage. It refreshes every second. The refresh is timed by the activeX component, right?!

So have you (or anyone else) an idea what else I can do to solve this problem? (And please, don't say I should buy a new camera! :p I found many more posts here talking about problems with this camera. I can't beleave all of you have just bought another one!? Or just have given up on the problem?)

Krocus

Antiloop
08-11-2004, 10:34
Do you mean the router-firmware or the camera-firmware? Maybe I'm lacking some technical understanding:

Which writing are you talking about? Do you mean there is maybe a picture still in writing when the camera gets the next request?

If I use the IE I'm asked only once every time I follow the "Preview"-link. If I grant access to the activeX component the displayed image contains that garbage. It refreshes every second. The refresh is timed by the activeX component, right?!

So have you (or anyone else) an idea what else I can do to solve this problem? (And please, don't say I should buy a new camera! :p I found many more posts here talking about problems with this camera. I can't beleave all of you have just bought another one!? Or just have given up on the problem?)

Krocus
yes in the router firmware,

time of writing just as I say.. doesn't even matter in this case when something is requested at time of writing it is not complete so it can't be shown complete...

and uhm.. perhaps the answer is buy another cam.... or wait and maybe it will be fixed sometime or ask Terratec to fix it...