PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Asus V6V notebook, Checkmail led

Antiloop
22-07-2005, 00:54
anyone here with an Asus V6V notebook?

I can't find the checkmail led, but the checkmail util is available for the V6V

has anyone been able to find it somewhere?

FongWan
28-07-2005, 21:30
As far as I can see and know there's no checkmail led on the V6, but I can be mistaken.

But since you can find the led physically on your V6 it'll probably won't work, maybe it gives you a notification in Windows instead?

I've never used check mail on my M6Ne so I can't really say anything usefull. Maybe someone on GoT knows?

btw, I read your problem with your firewire port on GoT. Maybe a re-install of windows could help. Because I've got quite a few mails (and posts on GoT and my own forum) from people asking what to do because certain hardware didn't work properly on their M6 in Windows XP.

Most of the problems were solved by a reinstall of the driver (in your case the firewire driver in hardware devices), because the pre-installed set-up has it's errors. Or by repairing/reinstalling Windows.

Hope this helps.

Antiloop
29-07-2005, 12:30
As far as I can see and know there's no checkmail led on the V6, but I can be mistaken.

But since you can find the led physically on your V6 it'll probably won't work, maybe it gives you a notification in Windows instead?

I've never used check mail on my M6Ne so I can't really say anything usefull. Maybe someone on GoT knows?

btw, I read your problem with your firewire port on GoT. Maybe a re-install of windows could help. Because I've got quite a few mails (and posts on GoT and my own forum) from people asking what to do because certain hardware didn't work properly on their M6 in Windows XP.

Most of the problems were solved by a reinstall of the driver (in your case the firewire driver in hardware devices), because the pre-installed set-up has it's errors. Or by repairing/reinstalling Windows.

Hope this helps.
I think Asus put accidentely the checkmail package to the V6V software, as there is no checkmail led present the package will not show anything

regarding my Firewire problem and low to no throughput problem, this has been solved by enabling BLUETOOTH! when disabling bluetooth firewire 'dies' again

britnet
17-05-2006, 09:23
Hello,

for 2 month I have an A6V Laptop.

I'm very contented with it.