PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : ipkg offline mode not working

Reflex
23-06-2005, 13:00
Hi!

I've downloaded all files from http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/wl500g/ to a directory on my wl-hdd.
Now i want to use ipkg with this directory but i cannot get it to work. I've changed the src entry /etc/ipkg.conf to the path of the package directory.
When i start ipkg.sh update, it writes "Updated list of available packages in /opt/lib/ipkg/lists/wl500g", but there is no file and no list.
The directory /opt/lib/ipkg/lists exists.
Please help!
Thanks
Reflex

Jean-Fabrice
24-06-2005, 06:19
DO NOT USE IPKG.SH FOR PACKAGE INSTALLATION OTHER THAN IPKG !!!

(can this be written somewhere in the FAQ ?)

Styno
24-06-2005, 07:56
DO NOT USE IPKG.SH FOR PACKAGE INSTALLATION OTHER THAN IPKG !!!I know it's been very hot in France the past weeks and it finally starts to show :p

Reflex
24-06-2005, 10:39
guess what i am trying to install with the ipkg.sh script? It is IPKG!
I copied the package file to the place where ipkg.sh expect it, but its still not working. I get the message downloading ...packet...done.
And then it cant find the downloaded file.
Maybe somebody knows what i have to enter in ipkg.conf or as parameter?
Thanks
Reflex

Jean-Fabrice
24-06-2005, 11:41
'ipkg.sh install ipkg' should install ipkg from Oleg's repo.

Then you can copy the full ipkg feeds to your disk, change ipkg.conf (which btw is not used by ipkg.sh) and install package from localfeed.

JF

Reflex
24-06-2005, 12:01
you mean its not possible to install ipkg without internet connection?

Jean-Fabrice
24-06-2005, 13:08
well, nowadays, it's impossible to do anything without an internet connection.

As for Oleg's ipkg, dunno. you can try wgetting it then ungzip, untar it and manually install it, but this is a really crappy solution.

Other solution : Edit ipkg.sh to install ipkg from a local repo.

JF

Reflex
24-06-2005, 14:09
hmm, i tried editing the ipkg.sh script, but its a littlebit complex and i got some bad side effects because of my changes (for example: the script wanted to cleanup, but it started from root directory...ohoh).
So i think i have to install it over internet :-(
Thanks anyway!