Bekijk de volledige versie : Asus WL-700g Marketing Specifications

Antiloop
21-06-2005, 08:23
WL-700g – Download and Share

IEEE 802.11g 125* HSM Wireless Storage Router

Automatically download and share the multimedia data to your home
Share your creative idea to your friends
Give me files – just one click

WL-700g wireless storage router supports one internal IDE interface for 3.5 inch IDE disk and 3 USB 2.0 ports for high speed USB disk, USB Printer, Web Camera or Speaker. With embedded download machine and web server, user can download data from Internet and share their own data to the world.
WL700g incorporates 802.11g OFDM technology designs, which enable fastest 54Mbps IEEE 802.11g wireless transmission and keep compatibility with existing IEEE 802.11b devices. With Encore technology, you will get great range enhancement than 802.11g standard. With Afterburner technology, you will get great performance enhancement than 802.11g standard. All the packets over the air are protected by the strongest wireless security protocol -- Wi-Fi Protected Access Version 2(WPA2).
Like others wireless routers, plug the xDSL/cable modem to the WL-700g, all of users in the home can share the Internet account and surfing the net over the air or through the Ethernet.

Internal IDE Interface for 3.5 inch IDE Disk and 3 USB 2.0 Port for USB disks

S.M.A.R.T(Self-Monitoring , Analysis and Reporting Technology). Periodically monitors disk status and reports errors to system log.
AutoCopy button allows user to copy data from USB disk into internal IDE disk.
USB RAID. Support RAID 0 to expand internal IDE disk and external USB disk into one user-level partition. Support RAID 1 to online-mirror data of IDE disk into USB disk.
Support Online-Build, Online-Merge, Online-Repair.
Support to create ReiserFS and FAT32 file system.
Powerful volume management features
Schedule-able Backup between IDE and USB disk, or between WL700g and PC(End of July 2005)

Secure and Powerful File Access Mechanisms

Simultaneous NFS/CIFS/FTP/Web Access support.
Simple yet advanced File Access Control.
Real-time encryption ensures data confidentiality.
Support Work Group, Domain Client, Primary Domain Controller in Windows Environment.

Download Machine

HTTP, FTP, BT(BitTorrent) download machine. Users can download HTTP, FTP, BT files from Internet without turning on PC.
Enhanced Download Machine with Gnutella/Fasttrack/OpenFT support. Users can search and download files from Internet without turning on PC

54 Mbps high speed and broadened range wireless LAN access

Highest 54Mbps speed over the 2.4 GHz frequency band.
Encore technology. User will get great range enhancement than 802.11g standard.
Afterburner technology. By using with afterburner capable wireless card(WL100g Deluxe), user will get great performance enhancement than 802.11g standard.
WMM (Wi-Fi Multimedia) provides multimedia enhancements for Wi-Fi® networks that improve the user experience for audio, video, and voice applications. The Wi-Fi Alliance defined WMM as a profile of the upcoming IEEE 802.11e Quality of Service (QoS) extensions for 802.11 networks and started a certification program for WMM to satisfy the most urgent needs of the industry for a QoS solution for Wi-Fi networks.
IEEE802.11g and IEEE 802.11b wireless networks operate simultaneously
Standard 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network to guarantee compatible with existing 802.11b WLAN cards
Auto fall-back algorithm to select transmission rate.
If there are no 802.11b devices, turn on 802.11g only mode to boost throughput
Automatically select the optimal channel when starting up
Frame bursting for performance improvements (only work with ASUS WL-100g and enable this option)
One internal Inverted-F antenna and one external dipole antennas; support diversity
Reverse-SMA antenna connector to support external high gain antenna
Support roaming to other Wi-Fi compliant Access Points connected by local Ethernet to extend the SOHO network coverage
WDS (Wireless Distribution System) enable the WL-520g to connect, repeat or bridge other Access Points through the wireless
Allow enable/disable radio function by time

Secure wireless connectivity

Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) and Wi-Fi Protected Access version 2(WPA2)
WPA/WPA2 supports TKIP, AES, WPA, WPA-PSK as well as 802.1x authenticated WPA networks.
The router can support for AES and TKIP encryption simultaneously, allowing client stations using AES or TKIP to connect
128-bit and 64-bit WEP
Only the wireless clients’ MAC address appear in the Access Control List (ACL) can be allowed to enter the network

Share broadband Internet around the home

Connect to external ADSL / cable modem via one 10/100Base-T auto-crossover (MDI/MDI-X) Ethernet port
Four port switch with 10/100Base-T auto-crossover (MDI/MDI-X) Ethernet port connect to local PC
802.1H translation mechanism bridging Ethernet and wireless traffics
IP sharing (NAT) with wired speed.
UPnP-enabled NAT traversal to enable MSN massager, Netmeeting, Direct Play, Xbox live!
PPPoE client to connect remote ISP PPPoE server
PPPoE relay allows multi-PPPoE sessions by PCs under LAN
PPTP client to connect remote ISP PPP server
DHCP server / client and DNS Proxy
DDNS (Dynamic DNS) allows access from Internet by a name but an IP address
Virtual server and port trigger

Firewall

Not only basic NAT natural firewall, SPI firewall will filter out the possible advanced forms of attacks from the Internet.
Denial of Service (DoS) protection
DMZ

Children Protection

Filter out specific Internet access within a pre-defined time interval
Filter out WWW access with specific keywords in URL within a pre-defined time interval

Easy installation, management and maintenance

Easy Setup button allows user to finish setting in less than three steps.
Users can easily operate web-based management with popular Internet browser such as IE, Netscape.
Remote management
User can locally store/restore configuration
UPnP Internet Gateway Device
Upgrade firmware through Ethernet or wireless
Log any system, traffics, faults and security events in the web and optional logging to a syslog server

VPN support

VPN pass through for PPTP, L2TP and IPSec protocol.

Specification

WAN
Ethernet Port Support Both Ethernet and 802.3 with Max. Bit Rate 10/100 Mbps with auto cross-over function (MDI-X)
Connector RJ45 for 10/100 BaseT
LAN
Ethernet Port Support Both Ethernet and 802.3 with Max. Bit Rate 10/100Mbps with Auto cross-over function (MDI-X), 4 port switch
Connector 4 x RJ45 for 10/100BaseT
Antenna Support 2 (One internal Inverted-F PCB antenna and one external dipole antenna)
Connector Reverse-SMA antenna connector
IDE Port 1.
USB port 3 x USB 2.0
EZS button Push for 5 seconds to enter easy setup mode
Auto Copy button Push for coping data from USB disk to internal IDE disk.
Reset button Push for above 5 seconds to restore factory settings otherwise perform H/W-reset.
RTC 1
Application UPnP Media Server
Download Machine
Management Web-based manager
UPnP Internet Gateway Device
UPnP Media Server.
S.M.A.R.T for Disk Monitoring and Report
USB RAID with Raid 0, 1, 10.
Firewall NAT and SPI
Can built extra one firewall to protect Internet traffic and another one for wireless
DC Power Adapter AC Input: 100V~240V(50~60HZ); DC Output: +12V with max. 3 A current
Emissions ETS; CE Mark; FCC Part 15
Size TBD
Weight TBD
Operating Frequency 2.4 - 2.5 GHz
Spreading Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum
Modulation OFDM, CCK, DQPSK, DBPSK
Data Rate 802.11g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54Mbps
802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11Mbps
Operation Channels 11 for N. America, 14 Japan, 13 Europe (ETSI)
3 (non-overlapping)
Range Indoor 130 ft (40 m), outdoor (LOS, Light-Of-Sight) 2000 ft (600 m) at 11Mbps
Indoor 80 ft (25 m), outdoor (LOS, Light-Of-Sight) 500 ft (150 m) at 54Mbps
The range may vary by different environment
Output Power 18~19 dBm (at normal temp. range)
Encryption 64/128-bit WEP
TKIP, AES, WPA, WPA-PSK
Authentication MAC address, 802.1x, MAC Filter
Utilities Device Discovery: Discover WL700g in network and help user to invoke Web Configuration page.
Firmware Restoration: Restore firmware while system enters rescue mode.

Oleg
21-06-2005, 10:05
It appears to be broadcom BCM4780 based.
Read this - http://www.broadcom.com/press/release.php?id=577584

It mention ASUS and other companies, which are using reference design (BCM94780) for this.

Styno
21-06-2005, 20:33
Well, if Asus ships the WL-700g with the 300MHz chip and a decent amount of RAM this might become a very, very interesting product.

Red devil
25-06-2005, 20:09
It appears to be broadcom BCM4780 based.
Read this - http://www.broadcom.com/press/release.php?id=577584

It mention ASUS and other companies, which are using reference design (BCM94780) for this.

From the site:

Advanced 300 MHz MIPS32™ CPU core
10/100 Ethernet, PCI 2.3, USB 1.1 and GPIO interfaces
Hardware AES encryption/decryption included for security
Built-in support for RAID 0, 1 and 10
Auto-discovery for simple, plug-and-play installation

Is this MIPS32 cpu ok?

erik_bies
27-06-2005, 00:19
Interessting enough, the chipspec said: USB 1.1 whereas the marketing has 3x USB2.0.
Would this be a special AUS version, or they added a separate USB2.0 chip?

Any idea's what about the memory?

Styno
27-06-2005, 08:06
Interessting enough, the chipspec said: USB 1.1 whereas the marketing has 3x USB2.0.
Would this be a special AUS version, or they added a separate USB2.0 chip?
My guess is they added a seperate chip to the PCI bus (32bit/33MHz) provided by the broadcom SoC.

Martin1802
19-07-2005, 10:58
Hi :-)

sounds like a very nice, good product ... but I'm missing

- a built in DSL modem
- VoIP function with ISDN (or maybe analog) support

looks like I have to wait a bit for wl7xxg dsl ;-)

Martin

Antiloop
19-07-2005, 11:00
Hi :-)

sounds like a very nice, good product ... but I'm missing

- a built in DSL modem
- VoIP function with ISDN (or maybe analog) support

looks like I have to wait a bit for wl7xxg dsl ;-)

Martin
thank god there's no dsl modem builtin

if it was it would mean I would loose my VoDSL line, and my bridged dhcp stuff

Antwerp
19-07-2005, 13:47
Hi folks,

Can anyone tell me when the 700G is available in the store and
where i could order this product. I like the feature set of this deluxe router. It is almost becoming a home server. And it have UPnP server support. ;)

Thanks

Great Dane
19-07-2005, 14:30
I read a reply somewhere on the net, from ASUS Germany to the question when the WL-700g would be available.

The reply was, that it would be available in germany from august/september 2005. No price mentioned.

Antiloop
19-07-2005, 15:15
I read a reply somewhere on the net, from ASUS Germany to the question when the WL-700g would be available.

The reply was, that it would be available in germany from august/september 2005. No price mentioned.
from taiwan

Dear Joep,
Pls refer to attachment for sales kit and spec sheet.
Mass production in around Aug. Available in Sep.

Antiloop
20-07-2005, 11:40
as expected

the release of the WL700g has already been delayed

The latest schedule would be around November.

britnet
26-08-2005, 14:43
Did anybody hear something new about the wl-700?

Will it be "supported" by the forum?

Kamilion
31-10-2005, 22:28
Any updates on the release date? It's halloween and I'm really hoping to buy this before the end of november... I've been really hurting for a device like this one...

britnet
01-11-2005, 08:17
Its the same for me.

I hope i can get the device till x-mas.

heffeque
01-11-2005, 14:18
maybe they'll delay it even more now that the new wifi standard is going to go gold.

Kamilion
03-11-2005, 06:03
This thing seems like the perfect device to keep my PSP company on long trips... With it's usb mass storage capibilities, and control over wifi (using a custom version of pspvnc that leaves usb on all the time) I have a complete portable linux computer, if I could install something like gentoo on the wl700g... And a PSP is a perfect portable head for a headless linux box ;)

OR any other PDA or anything with wifi... ^_^

vpe
14-11-2005, 00:43
known anybody HDD-LAN throughput with this device?
I have WL500G Deluxe and get only 1,2MB/s via LAN.

Kamilion
23-11-2005, 15:52
Any news on release of the WL700G at all yet? C'mon, someone must have SOME info... Am I going to have to wait until 2006 for this? I hope not...

biggoof
24-11-2005, 13:48
Hi there..
bad news.. I´m waiting for the release of the ASUS WL-700g too and asked the German Sales Division for more information. I just received an email, telling me that I´ll have to wait until mid or late january 2006 *sniff*

Bye

Ritesh
25-11-2005, 12:39
Hi

Does anybody know what the throughput of the WAN port of this new model will be?

greets

Ritesh

Kamilion
26-11-2005, 03:44
Hi there..
bad news.. I´m waiting for the release of the ASUS WL-700g too and asked the German Sales Division for more information. I just received an email, telling me that I´ll have to wait until mid or late january 2006 *sniff*

Bye

Ah, good. At least that's some semi-solid information. On the up side, January's my birth month, so maybe I can wrangle someone into getting it for me as a b-day present... :D

Oh well, until then I'll just have to make do with my Linksys WRT54G 1.1.

sandoval
02-12-2005, 11:24
One thing I am missing: VPN server, would be really nice..

This router would be a monster, PDC option would be awesome.. love to get my claws on one of them...

eborgard
10-12-2005, 10:21
http://www.computerdiy.com.tw/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1707&page=1

there is a picture of the inside of WL-700g and a lot of interface screenshots, including disk management, share access, windows setup, FTP and http server. But I don't understand chinese...
Looks like the box has been reviewed in the December issue of the computerdiy magazine in Taiwan, which suggests the product is now available there ;)... and available in the ROW soon!

Ravlen
23-12-2005, 17:53
If you follow the links from the other thread posted, you find this link, with the best pics I've seen yet. (Yes, I registered just to post this, go me). You may also notice that it lists the name as the Asus WL-700gE (note the new E). Google that, and you'll find more new links.

http://www.oc.com.tw/article/0512/readgoodarticle.asp?id=4750

Ravlen

Antiloop
25-12-2005, 00:47
I have a small feeling that the WL700g has been cancelled already and will be named WL700gE as this one should have 'broad range' technology inside

jaapieo
02-01-2006, 14:57
could it not be like:
wl700g = standard
wl700ge = incl. 160 gig hd

TuTu
05-01-2006, 02:59
The suffix "E" is "Broad Range" where

Broad Range - Triple signal coverage range of 802.11g standard
With Broadcom's latest BroadRange technology, the WL-550gE leveraged advanced digital signal processing to deliver the highest signal sensitivity and enhance coverage range by 300%

Katsuya
07-01-2006, 14:39
From OCTW

WL-700gE uses Broadcom 4780 (CPU)*300MIPS,Professional NAS use CPU, builtin 2MB Flash memory and 64MB DRAM.

With IO interface, there are 4*10/100 LAN port and 1*WAN port at the back, 3 USB2.0 connectors(1@front, 2@back),there is also a reset button for factory default.

The Wireless network is competitlbe with 802.11b/g, also support 125*HSM & BroadRange..... etc..

Therefore.. wl700gE is broadrange!!

PS. Sorry for my poor translation.

ncp
10-01-2006, 16:11
could we expect that asus thought about the heat from the hdd ore aint this gonna be a problem?

sup
11-01-2006, 21:13
Only 2MB flash? How did they managed to get all the stuff (like downloading machine, whatever it is) on such a small device?

Oleg
12-01-2006, 10:11
The flash contains kernel only and ide stuff. Evrything else is stored on the hdd. Just like boot_dev in my firmware works.

britnet
12-01-2006, 11:57
Does somebody know, when it's available in europe?

Kamilion
13-01-2006, 08:59
The flash contains kernel only and ide stuff. Evrything else is stored on the hdd. Just like boot_dev in my firmware works.

Damnit. That indicates that they'll only be available with an included drive.
And there's no way in hell I'm gonna stick with a IBM Deathstar.
Hope they offer something smaller than a 160GB version.
I'd rather slap in a maxtor 200GB; least I know it won't die mysteriously like my deathstars did. One of them, an IBM Deathstar 30GB, I had to RMA *6* times until they sent me the 40GB, which had to be RMA'd 3 times. Never ever rely on a deskstar. All that lost data was aggrivating as hell.

Oleg
13-01-2006, 12:51
Damnit. That indicates that they'll only be available with an included drive.
And there's no way in hell I'm gonna stick with a IBM Deathstar.
Hope they offer something smaller than a 160GB version.
I'd rather slap in a maxtor 200GB; least I know it won't die mysteriously like my deathstars did. One of them, an IBM Deathstar 30GB, I had to RMA *6* times until they sent me the 40GB, which had to be RMA'd 3 times. Never ever rely on a deskstar. All that lost data was aggrivating as hell.
DTLA series? Never had problems with deskstars, except one DTLA drive.

Styno
13-01-2006, 12:55
There are probably means to make an image of this firmware on the HDD, make it available here and then copy it to your own HDD.

Kamilion
14-01-2006, 19:39
Yeah, I wouldn't doubt it. Seems as if it would be easy to just dump an empty drive image of it's defaults, tag it with version 1.0 and start from there.
Personally, I'm gonna be hacking at getting gentoo on it and working, since it's perfectly suited for small embedded devices like this...

But I was REALLY hoping they'd have all the goodies on a flash chip so I could just drop in any drive of my choosing and using the linux kernel, access really just about any filesystem on it.
Guess I should invest in a USB 2.0 5.25" drive enclosure and stick a IDE 3.5" swap bay in it. Off to pricegrabber!

homedimon
19-01-2006, 06:28
New Products from ASUS Merge the Worlds of Computers and Entertainment
Source: ASUS Computer International
Jan 11, 2006, 10:17
This news (http://www.kensei-news.com/cetc/publish/residentail_systems/article_35021.shtml)
and
cNet News (http://taiwan.cnet.com/computer/network/reviews/0,2000068605,20103596,00.htm)

britnet
19-01-2006, 10:28
Jeah,

just in the moment i saw Asus delivers the firmware:

http://support.asus.de/download/download.aspx

britnet
19-01-2006, 14:29
More Pictures are available at this site:

http://gb-www.digitimes.com.tw/gate/gb/home.digitimes.com.tw/ShowNews.aspx?zCatId=353&zNotesDocId=4E5B5F52B02700EF482570ED0043346D

yapit
24-01-2006, 07:52
The suffix "E" is "Broad Range" where

I think the suffix "E" is for "Encore", some marketing name for the Broadrange Series.

heffeque
24-01-2006, 13:50
me liky the wl-700gE... :-P ^_^

Kamilion
24-01-2006, 23:03
So, has anyone managed to get their hands on one yet? Review units, imports, engineering test samples, anything? I'd like to see some high resolution screenshots of the web interface, and any information to do with telnet/ssh, or filesystem layout, dmesg output, /proc listings... I've grabbed the posted firmware but I can't seem to decode it, nor can I find where the segment splits occur, but I'm not all that good with the super low level stuff. Hopefully in english, but I've got decent translation software for non-asian languages.
Also, I've grabbed a copy of the chinese manual, but the web interface is all in chinese so I can only make out the images in the interface and guess at what they mean, plus they're not exactly high resolution. Any data appreciated.

britnet
25-01-2006, 07:34
Last week, i wrote an email to Asus Germany.
I asked when the unit is available in Germany but no answer till now. :(

britnet
25-01-2006, 12:13
More information:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.computerdiy.com.tw%2F modules%2Fnews%2Farticle.php%3Fstoryid%3D1814%26pa ge%3D3&langpair=zh-CN%7Cen&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

sandoval
19-02-2006, 17:44
Looks nice, seen some pics and screens of config menu.. download tool is also good...

I'm just missing 1 thing.. a nntp/usenet downloader.. Import an NZB file to download it from usenet.. That would be GREAT!!

lutel
19-02-2006, 21:59
Do you see any chances to run squeezeserver (perl required) on this box?

BLAST3R
25-02-2006, 14:22
Looks nice, seen some pics and screens of config menu.. download tool is also good...

I'm just missing 1 thing.. a nntp/usenet downloader.. Import an NZB file to download it from usenet.. That would be GREAT!!Wow yeah! That would be awes0me! w00t!

narcis
06-06-2006, 23:34
Last week, i wrote an email to Asus Germany.
I asked when the unit is available in Germany but no answer till now. :(
There are quite some stores in Germany which have this now, look at evendi (http://www.evendi.de/jsp/eVendi2004/search.jsp?name=asus+700+encore&Submit=OK&navCategoryID=1&priceRangeFrom=&priceRangeTo=) for a list.

wsardar
29-09-2006, 10:20
Hi, there is no WDS support on the WL-700gE, according to ASUS. See my post on http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?p=36990#post36990

iguanes
19-12-2006, 19:41
Does the wl700Ge support wireless distribution system ? any idea !

iguanes
19-12-2006, 19:49
I know it doesnt support WDS (Asus informations) but I would like to know if it is possible to configure it as described in http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs section 1.1.2 Wireless Distribution System (WDS) / Repeater / Bridge ?