PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : How to load cfg file from shell (telnet)

Reflex
16-06-2005, 13:23
Hi!

I have the following problem: I use the WlHdd with my mobile phone (mda compact + wifi card). Sometimes the WlHdd looses its settings and restores the factory defaults (why?). The browser on the mda is not able to specify the upload file for restoring the settings.
Is there another possibility - maybe from a telnet session?

Thanks in advance
Reflex

Oleg
16-06-2005, 13:43
Sometimes the WlHdd looses its settings and restores the factory defaults (why?).
Most likely power outage. WL-HDD bootloader is poorly designed and causes loss of settings, when applied power is not stable.

Reflex
16-06-2005, 14:22
thanks Oleg,
you mean its a problem while the boot process? And if i pull the power cord during operation (no write operation)? is it "safe"?
I found a thread about backup and restore of nvram - is this the only possibility from telnet to restore the settings?

Oleg
16-06-2005, 14:36
thanks Oleg,
you mean its a problem while the boot process? And if i pull the power cord during operation (no write operation)? is it "safe"?

The problem is that, then you disconnect it from power, it could do off/on/off cycle which cause loss of the settings.

I found a thread about backup and restore of nvram - is this the only possibility from telnet to restore the settings?
Which topic exactly?

Reflex
16-06-2005, 14:48
you described it in here (http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=1797&highlight=nvram+backup)

Oleg
16-06-2005, 15:00
yes, this should work, but you will need to use /tmp/harddisk instead of /tmp to store it permanently.

Reflex
16-06-2005, 15:12
Thank you Oleg for - your firmware, your engagement and your fast help! :)